uniqs

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone

Re: What's Your Top Pick for PC Game of 2012?

Skyrim is amazing, what Arch is saying is true in that the game is so large, and there is so much to do, that you can play hundreds of hours and not even begin to touch the main story line. As for ESO; I may end up getting it after watching this:

»youtu.be/KxJTsq2XeKY

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

I agree with all those who agreed with Arch. Skyrim is amazng. I'm a sucker optimist for mmo's. I think ESO could be epic. If they allow half of the openness and creativy of TES the game could be great.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
said by stvnbrs:

Skyrim is amazing, what Arch is saying is true in that the game is so large, and there is so much to do, that you can play hundreds of hours and not even begin to touch the main story line. As for ESO; I may end up getting it after watching this:

»youtu.be/KxJTsq2XeKY

I'm going to have to pick this up then. The reviews and comments about it have all been positive. I'll probably get it next time it hits 29.99 on Steam.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

I really enjoyed and put in a -lot- of hours into Skyrim, but ultimately did not finish it and got bored because there's too much side-content that makes the game very unbalanced after a while.

I had a blast going around, discovering everything, doing some side-quests, taking over the thieves and assassins, killing kings, etc. for a long time and neglected the main plot for a while. But then I just got too powerful. To the point where I could assassinate anything in one shot with the crappiest, tiniest dagger without even trying to hide or sneak properly. Hell, last time a -dragon- tried to attack me, I one shot it into oblivion like it was just another rat.
And it sucks because the beginning was the complete opposite. I had to avoid a lot of enemies, had to sneak very careful in darkness and behind people, being careful where I step, who sees me killing, etc. But the progression goes up too quick, and once you start hitting high levels for a skill, it becomes too godlike.

Maybe the class I created was a bit too OP and I'll try a straight warrior or mage next time and it'll be more challenging... but a thief/assassin with max backstabbing, sneaking and dagger abilities, I can kill gods without breaking a sweat. :\

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

Did you try to increase the difficulty? There is a slider that you can adjust on the spot in order to keep the game somewhat challenging. I also read that the dragonborn DLC adds the most difficult NPC in the game (lvl 81 I believe).

Ghastly- Let me know if you need help with it when you get it.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

Yeah, I tried playing around with the game difficulty. I still find it horribly hard in the beginning, and then horrible easy towards the end.

Didn't try the DLCs though. I suppose I will, next time I get back to it. Too flooded with new games from the last Steam sale for now though.