Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Aranarth

Re: Need help building a desktop gaming computer

Good information but not really germane to the OP and his $600-Canadian budget--you can't really fit an i5-3570K and 7870 without cannibalizing money from other areas (i.e. bottom-of-the-barrel mobo/ram/psu/case).
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Aranarth

join:2011-11-04
Stanwood, MI
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
said by Krisnatharok:

Good information but not really germane to the OP and his $600-Canadian budget--you can't really fit an i5-3570K and 7870 without cannibalizing money from other areas (i.e. bottom-of-the-barrel mobo/ram/psu/case).

I was giving an example of what I would do as an idea to save some money by upgrading a current machine. The article I linked is definitely related to the OP's question. Especially the Econobon on the 2nd page.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
You're right, I missed the Econobox, although their prices will be less than what you can get it for in Canada. It's very similar to what I put together.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.