spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mark777

@teksavvy.com

[DSL] Teksavvy Stinks

jumped through all the hoops -- changed multiple modems,routers wiring multiple times, -- had my wiring tested by an independent technician and it's fine, but I still get O.16 downspeeds where I should have 6meg. THis has gone on for months.

Save yourself a lot of trouble and stay away from teksavvy. They used to be good. Now they suck out loud.

squircle

join:2009-06-23
Oakville, ON

I'd hardly say this is Teksavvy's fault... after all, your wiring, CPE, JWI and DSLAM don't belong to them.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to Mark777

Are the speeds only bad during peak evening hours? or all the time?
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

Perma

join:2011-12-20
reply to Mark777

Where are you located?

apvm

join:2003-02-14
London, ON
kudos:1
reply to Mark777

I think this is an isolated case, my 5M DSL is quite stable for the past 2-3 years with Teksavvy.

ChuckcZar

@teksavvy.com
reply to Perma

Ottawa obviously.

TSILiz
Premium
join:2012-08-20
kudos:6
reply to Mark777

Hi There,

I'm sorry to hear about this, I would like to have a look at your line to see what is going on here and what you have been advised. Please feel free to message us in the direct forum so we can look into this.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to Mark777

said by Mark777 :

jumped through all the hoops -- changed multiple modems,routers wiring multiple times, -- had my wiring tested by an independent technician and it's fine, but I still get O.16 downspeeds where I should have 6meg. THis has gone on for months.

Save yourself a lot of trouble and stay away from teksavvy. They used to be good. Now they suck out loud.

Assuming the tech brought the proper equipment, do you happen to know what his readings were when he tested as i'm sure he must have tested from at the DSLAM since it was an independent tech?

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to Mark777

Hey Mark,

Looking at your account, I see that you and JonF had worked hard on this and the last thing done was to open a ticket.

I checked and the ticket was closed out stating there was no access to your prem.

I'd like to try again to get this issue resolved for you once and for all... Are you available for a chat? I can have someone give you a call to see when your available for a reschedule... If not, you can always post your availability here and I can just reschedule it for you.

Just let me know... We haven't given up on you.

Thanks,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TekSavvy Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter!

taraf

join:2011-05-07
Stittsville, ON
reply to Mark777

DownstreamUpstream 

SNR Margin:6.6 8.0db
Line Attenuation:19.9 11.2 db
Data Rate:16319 1085 kbps
Max Rate:19784 1148 kbps
POWER:13.9 11.3 dbm
CRC:00 

»www.speedtest.net/result/2425096913.png

(the speed test in question is slower than the sync rate because I'm on my desktop computer, which is connected by 1st gen home powerline networking, with a sync rate at 11mbit... wireless N on my laptop matches the full sync rate reported by the modem).

It's not TekSavvy DSL that sucks, it's your line. And that's in Ottawa.

Mark777

@teksavvy.com

Teksavvy has told me repeatedly that my line is GREAT! Teksavvy takes my money and is responsible for providing my service-- no one else -- and they used to be good -- now they suck out loud.

MFido

join:2012-10-19
kudos:2

Following your logic:

Andre offered his help ... You refuse ... You used to be intelligent ...

Mark777

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Andre

Nobody contacted me, by any means, for access to my premises and 5 people were at home and nobody heard anyone knock on my door. Andre or Jon you are welcome to call me again. According to the Bell "survey" people a remote test was done on my line a everything is just fine, nothing was changed by bell.

As I said before, I'vejumped through all the hoops -- changed multiple modems,routers and wiring multiple times, -- had wiring in my home tested by an independent technician and it's fine, but I still get O.16 downspeeds where I should have 6meg. THis has gone on for months.

apvm

join:2003-02-14
London, ON
kudos:1

How come you are still with them, if I were you I would switch to another ISP already. just curious.

mau108
Mau
Premium
join:2001-10-07
Thornhill, ON
reply to Mark777

please switch to another dsl provider and then update us in a couple months. I bet you it will be the same results you are having with tek.

Expand your moderator at work

Mark777

@teksavvy.com
reply to HiVolt

Re: [DSL] Teksavvy Stinks

All the time

Mark777

@teksavvy.com
reply to Perma

Hamilton-- east mountain

Mark777

@teksavvy.com
reply to mau108

I would never go with DSL again and wouldn't go with a third party provider. Teksavvy has done literally NOTHING to try to solve this, to the point of not even contacting me to let me know a technician was coming.

Expand your moderator at work

taraf

join:2011-05-07
Stittsville, ON
reply to Mark777

Re: [DSL] Teksavvy Stinks

said by Mark777 :

Teksavvy has told me repeatedly that my line is GREAT! Teksavvy takes my money and is responsible for providing my service-- no one else -- and they used to be good -- now they suck out loud.

If they determined that a Bell tech was necessary, there is absolutely no way they think your line is great. They get charged for sending a Bell tech out, and while that charge ultimately gets sent along to you, they do have at least half a brain between their ears, and wouldn't send a tech if they were showing full sync unless that sync was intermittent. They know that if you've got full sync without drops, then there is absolutely nothing Bell can do to fix it.

It would help if you would post line stats... what modem do you have? Most non-Bell modems have the ability to tell you what sort of numbers you're seeing for Sync. The ones I posted were a straight copy/paste from my TP-Link 8816 firmware, for example.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24

1 recommendation

reply to Mark777

Hi Mark,

You are correct. I was under the impression that you were informed of the dispatch and you weren't. I will make sure that is corrected.

I have asked JonF to reschedule something and to touch base with you about time frames.

Saying "Teksavvy has done literally NOTHING to try to solve this" is a little over don't you think... We have been going back and forth with you for some time now... I would call that effort.

JonF will be in contact with you shortly.

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TekSavvy Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter!

Trisomy21

join:2006-04-27
Kingston, ON
reply to Mark777

said by Mark777 :

teksavvy stinks.

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Mark777

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Andre

"going back and forth" has meant me taking expensive physical action while you've done nothing but Blow Smoke. Teksavvy never changed ANYTHING on your end and repeatedly claim the is no problem on the Teksavvy/Bell end.

That's not effort, it's BS.

The bell tech who phoned me today changed "interleave" to "fast" which did improve things dramatically, but could STILL see OBVIOUS problems on your side, which they are sending a tech out for tomorrow.

There is no "Bell" in this for me. I PAY YOU, Teksavvy, not Bell, and when I get months of poor service and totally effortless lip service, I blame the people I PAY for that service.

spiderman168

join:2012-06-02
reply to Mark777

The interleave DSLAM profile is for "noisy" lines. That was slowing down your speed intentially but it shouldn't be that bad. I'm on TekSavvy cable and I'm really pleased except for the constant modem reboots which drops my VoIP calls sometimes. I heard those reboots were a Rogers thing though and nothing to do with Teksavvy.

The Mongoose

join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by spiderman168:

The interleave DSLAM profile is for "noisy" lines. That was slowing down your speed intentially but it shouldn't be that bad. I'm on TekSavvy cable and I'm really pleased except for the constant modem reboots which drops my VoIP calls sometimes. I heard those reboots were a Rogers thing though and nothing to do with Teksavvy.

Probably true. The CMTS your modem is connected to is owned & operated by Rogers, and you're being fed an IP by Rogers' DHCP servers. TekSavvy's equipment takes over a little further down the line.

The Mongoose

join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Mark777

said by Mark777 :

"going back and forth" has meant me taking expensive physical action while you've done nothing but Blow Smoke. Teksavvy never changed ANYTHING on your end and repeatedly claim the is no problem on the Teksavvy/Bell end.

That's not effort, it's BS.

The bell tech who phoned me today changed "interleave" to "fast" which did improve things dramatically, but could STILL see OBVIOUS problems on your side, which they are sending a tech out for tomorrow.

There is no "Bell" in this for me. I PAY YOU, Teksavvy, not Bell, and when I get months of poor service and totally effortless lip service, I blame the people I PAY for that service.

Perhaps some of the DSL experts can weigh in here...if this were a cable issue I'd be certain it was on Rogers end since a TSI problem would affect everyone on the POI. Does it work the same way with DSL? Or is it possible for TSI equipment to cause problems with a single connection?

Mark777

@teksavvy.com

Tech came to the house yesterday.
Changed the dslam. Outside he found unbalanced lines, shorts in the lines and changed the DSLAM. Inside, my cordless phone had a short,,that no other tech has ever found, but I'll accept that .
Fixed it ALL and TODAY I've got a RIDICULOUS DOWNLOAD SPEED of 0.29 mbps.

Pleas call me, Jon

JonF
Premium
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON
reply to Mark777

As per our chat, I have sent off a ticket to have the line mapped.

noemails

@bell.ca

jon you dont need to send off a ticket to see if a line is mis mapped. if you have lantern check the line, if he shows sync unplug the power to the modem if he still shows sync the line is mis mapped. this aint rocket science if you have any experience with the bell tools. this ticket will come back having corrected the mis mapping (if thats the case) and you ll be starting over with physical setup and everything

if lantern shows no sysnch after you had him unplug the modem then its not a mis mapped line and that ticket is just putting off dealing with the real issue as far as the slow speeds go