ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

1 recommendation

reply to buzz_4_20

Re: If Only

said by buzz_4_20:

They kept expanding the FIOS footprint. Even pushing other companies to deploy fiber and drum up some competition.

Exactly.. The comment, "Says More 'Troublesome' Copper Lines to Be Migrated" does not equate to "Further expansion".

I really wish they would have run FiOS into my community. They past right by us and ran it an additional 10+ miles to the local administration offices but bypassed the established communities along the way.

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA

1 recommendation

They could eventually. Once they finish up their commitments with cities, they very possibly could explore to see where they could deploy FiOS and make a healthy profit. They are not going to turn entire communities onto LTE in the future. That is simply not feasible.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
said by silbaco:

They could eventually.

Except they've stated they won't be expanding any further.

silbaco
Premium
USA
At this time. Nothing is forever. Especially in telecommunications.

RAZ Black

join:2001-10-04
Mansfield, TX
ya, but it certainly f'n takes them forever...
--
-= ok, who turned out the lights? =-

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2
reply to ropeguru
Once again, wait until the LTE build is done. I'm betting FTTH expansion will come back in the next couple of years.

grydlok

join:2004-01-06
Richmond, VA
reply to ropeguru
move into that active Senior community at Lee Davis and Pole green rd. They have FIOS internet only

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
reply to silbaco
They have seen the future, and it is LTE (With Caps and Overages, of course.)

I suspect FIOS expansion is dead forever barring a massive shift in the competitive landscape.
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini

silbaco
Premium
USA
Again, they can't move entire towns/cities to LTE. I don't know how no one on this website can grasp this concept. There is no possible way LTE can support that much traffic. Not even close. LTE will only work in sparsely populated areas. The LTE network is already slowing down and they have hardly anyone using it for home usage.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
It can, it's just a question of how many access points they build.