aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to DrDrew

Re: Ultra HD at CES

said by DrDrew:

said by aaronwt:

??? Semantics???... Sure a DVD is a disc, but a disc is not a DVD unless it's actually a DVD you are talking about. So do you also call a CD a DVD? Even though they might look the same, they are not the same. CD is not interchangable with DVD which is not interchangable with BD.

funny. I just stick them in my disk player and play what ever is on them. Doesn't matter if it's movies, music, or data. I just know them as 700MB, 4.8GB, and 25GB disks. They all work fine in the same player.

The vast majority of people don't have a player that will read 25GB/50GB BD discs. They have a DVD player which can only read DVDs and CDs.
Expand your moderator at work

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to fishacura

Re: Ultra HD at CES

So to further confuse the entire concept, Netflix is now streaming 1080P and calling it SUPER HD! It's just HD Netty.

nascar

join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ
kudos:2
reply to fishacura

»newscenter.verizon.com/residenti···ltra-hd/

MURICA

join:2013-01-03

said by Greg2600:

So to further confuse the entire concept, Netflix is now streaming 1080P and calling it SUPER HD! It's just HD Netty.

It's barely even HD. A 7 Mbps bitrate is pathetic for 1080p video even with H.264.

Netflix's "Super HD" is on par with some of the higher bitrate 1080i MPEG-2 channels. That's it.

It's inferior to Blu-ray, VUDU, and it's still inferior to the adult industry's 1080p downloads. (Brazzers offers 1080p MPEG-4 @ 12 Mbps; Twisty's 1080p MPEG-4 @ 8 Mbps; Naughty America 1080p MPEG-4 @ 8 Mbps; etc)

Yeah, sure you are Verizon. You can't even get your house in order when it comes to delivering proper HD.

Who do they think they're fooling?

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1
reply to nascar

Wow, that's bold, even for VZ.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

thetick

join:2009-06-22
White Plains, NY

Oh that is completely stupid for Verizon to state such propaganda. We can't even get new HD channels!! How is Verizon going to provide UHD channels? via IP ? Is there an MPEG 6 with incredible compression on the horizon?

I have nothing but praise for Verizon Internet services, and the TV picture quality. If you take out picture quality Verizon TV service is no better than cable and some ways worse especially with integrating (ie terrible broken apps for BD players/TV/XBOX/IPAD and no android live TV). I was very impressed with Cablevison's live TV android app.

Acct101
Premium
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA
reply to fishacura

I'd be ok to go back to my old digital TV and only pay $35 a month for cable. Sure the picture is better on HD, but the quality of the shows, in my opinion has taken a step back.