how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kansasfiber

@xlhost.com
reply to hughsfan

Re: [BC] Re: Internal Gateway Problems

I heard of stuff like this. Back in the day ( Late 80's ) they would set up things like this for the gifted. The top 1 percent of 1 percent of defcon champions under 20 mostly. Some ips were awarded to the winners of hacking competitions on test boxes ect. Most root servers look something like 192.168.67 these days though. Everything when it gets too big tends to fail if its not reinforced with the brilliant minds that created it. I would suggest that possibly companies like shaw have delegated most of there systems that haven't failed or completely failed domestically overseas. While canadianed owned and operated over 52% ownership is not my dept I would suggest that failing to enforce this would allow things to run a muck.

I dont want to sound rude and like I know everything because I dont but kevinds does have a good point but seems curious of your provider more than offering any solution.

To me it sounds like its a attitude problem with the provider since everyone has to work together and have the brains to do so. Not to mention add your internals to the recursion list or your main ip to the recursion list or however they make up the net. Its obvious to me that sounds like someone just hates you and gave you something out of spite because they will never understand flow as well as you.

While you might have money brains can't be bought. I guess the US tried with the brain drain and just never succeeded because of lack of technical support.

Who cares what one man does anyway. But not to be to insulting to you I am sure your pretty good at fixing things but if you can't even talk to your isp because in your " PM " you stated they are argumentative and inacurate and lying constantly.

Its difficult to maintain a service for someone that obviously is doing everything in there power so you leave the service but litterally doing less than nothing to set it up or have even the foggiest of what a password is.

It would seem to my rudimentary observation the entire system is systemically failing around you and your picking up the pieces as best you can because no one gives a crap.

Its too bad you have to do everything like that. I guess they will always be second best.

Are they at least funny? That would make up for it I would think. Too bad then didnt' know how to assist you though sounds interesting network. So you can really see everyones internals? Like all 14 of them? Thats not allot " in your pm " a gateway can have as many as 254 unless it was over 100 grand then it might have 256 or 257 and sync in a special way. Some also maybe "ghosts in the machine" and just be shells and actively pingable on the internal. Most default settings on routers allow icmp pinging on " Internals " but need to be configured seperately to check external pings which would allow a degree of probing on the network.

Maybe you like probing. Maybe you dont. Heck maybe you even spent time in prison who knows. I would imagine if you did you would get allot better not worst at whatever you do.

Anyway I hope this helps. But Im sure by the sounds of it you always just make things better and people crap all over you have no skill and dont care either way and leave at the end of the day and never understand. Which is good in a way but its too bad you guys couldn't learn to work together and isp so beligerant. Perhaps it to me sounds like that all dont even deserve you but because you are there last resort maybe cast asside from everyone because of a attitude issue " But have money " . Its the typical cable attitude. Somethings you cant buy though like respect. I wish I had a ghost in the machine looking after me like that. Maybe I do at the firmware level in some remote country I never thought of that hmmmm. Good thing I dont work at cisco next thing they would want me fixing the wireless. Maybe my lack of understanding of what is really going on is insulting to you but still people have to provide services if they sell it or it because rather stupid looking when you lose all installation licenses and are on the side of the road picking pop bottles. Either way to some extent if you have 1 million dollars required to start yoru own isp and find out there is only 4 thousand stable accounts in the Comox Valley which sounds like your only concerned about it would never pay for more than about 5 employees or so. So its rather stupid to begin with. Or am I wrong?