uniqs
share rss forum feed

jjoshua
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ
kudos:3

When calling verizon...

Why am I forced to listen to crappy hold music? Can't I just wait in silence instead of being bombarded with this sh*t?

Is there someone at verizon whose job is to make the customer experience as bad as possible?

billhere

join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·GoDaddy Hosting
I switch to speaker mode and put the phone down while on hold. When someone answers, usually within a minute or two, I pick up the phone and turn off the speaker.

Verizon's hold music isn't nearly as bad as some other services. Verizon's hold time is much less than it was a year ago.

jjoshua
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by billhere:

Verizon's hold music isn't nearly as bad as some other services.

They don't need to do it at all. I don't need to be entertained while I'm waiting.

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2
reply to jjoshua
If there were complete silence people would probably hang up thinking they'd gotten disconnected.

zenoland
Premium
join:2001-12-08
Holiday, FL
reply to jjoshua
It's the only way I know I'm still connected.

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY
reply to kes601
Dingdingdingdingding! This is the entire reason hold music exists. Some companies have switched to silence punctuated with occasional beeps.

fishacura

join:2008-01-25
Phoenixville, PA
reply to jjoshua
They REALLY need (as many others do) that function where you enter your phone # and they call you back when your spot in the queue is up. That is by far the best experience for a phone client!!!
--
People who don't get good service on average tell 10 others while people who do get good service on average tell 1.