uniqs
share rss forum feed

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
join:2002-12-26
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:17
reply to zbestwun2001

Re: [ADSL2] Fusion Service, Los Angeles, Verizon CO's?

I will assume that is a yes to all questions.

If that is the case the process is very easy. You will place the upgrade order with us through our Members section. During the ordering process (step 3 on the order form I believe) you will give us the authorization to port your existing landline number with AT&T over to DSL Extreme on the Fusion platform. Your existing landline number will get ported over and your Internet activated on the activation date. You can keep your existing landline number that you have today.

Your VOIP line that you have with your third party provider will continue to function as normal and connect to your router in the same fashion that it is today. There will be no change with your VOIP service.

Thanks
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

zbestwun2001

join:2005-12-08
Van Nuys, CA
reply to dslx_gm

for now yes

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to zbestwun2001

Hi zbestwun2001 See Profile,

To clarify, you currently have a landline through AT&T and a separate VOIP number/line through a third party VOIP provider? Do you want to keep both phone numbers? Do you want to keep your VOIP service with your current provider?

Thanks,
George
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

zbestwun2001

Van Nuys, CA
reply to elray

I have two phone numbers.
The one this DSLX account is registered to and a VoIP number.
Will the new settings have any impact my VoIP number? I'm assuming my number associated with DSLX correct will be changed, correct?
Sorry if I sound a bit thick in the head ...

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to zbestwun2001

said by zbestwun2001:

You're right, I meant D-Link.
Thanks...

Yes - The D-Link will work great.

zbestwun2001

Van Nuys, CA
reply to dslx_gm

You're right, I meant D-Link.
Thanks...

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to zbestwun2001

said by zbestwun2001:

George, I live in the 818 area code.
Will I have to dial 818 on calls within that code, my current VoIP company has it so you don't?

Just wondering??

Also, Will I able to use the Linksys modem be the same one I just got?

I haven't personally tested that but I will have that tested and get back to you. I believe that with the introduction of the new 747 area code in the SFV that you have to dial 818 on all providers now. I will check and get back to you next week on that but I believe that you need to dial the full ten digit number in the 818.

I assume that you mean either the D-Link or Comtrend modem that you just got. We haven't shipped a Linksys modem. If so, yes both of those models work and are the current models we are shipping with Fusion. You can continue using the one you have.

Thanks,
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

zbestwun2001

Van Nuys, CA
reply to elray

George, I live in the 818 area code.
Will I have to dial 818 on calls within that code, my current VoIP company has it so you don't?

Just wondering??

Also, Will I able to use the Linksys modem be the same one I just got?

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to zbestwun2001

said by zbestwun2001:

Thanks George... I think I am going to do it!!

Excellent! Thanks for your continued support.

zbestwun2001

Van Nuys, CA
reply to dslx_gm

Thanks George... I think I am going to do it!!

Still a bit confused on if my DSL phone line # would change?
I'm imagining I would have to keep my other VoIP service for a month or so put a number change on my message on that line for the new VoIP number..

I am assuming that VoIP number (DSLX's ) would be a randomly assigned number... will I have to dial my own area code when using it in the 818 area code ... I don't with my current setup.

Thanks so much for the info George.
Steve

I'll send Nick all my questions in a PM as I get them..

Have a nice weekend....

SF

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to zbestwun2001

said by zbestwun2001:

George,

Do I have to wait till this years contract is up for renewal to sign up for this service.
Nick thinks there is a 30 day trial period, is that true?

If I have to switch back, which I hope I don't, will I incur any charges?

Thanks George...

You do not have to wait until your current contract is up in order to upgrade. If you go to the Members section of our site you will have the option to place an upgrade order from there if you qualify. To check to see if you qualify click on the Modify my Internet link in the Members section at »www.dslextreme.com/members

We are currently offering a 30 day "buyers remorse" clause on Fusion Broadband +Phone service. Please note that it isn't a free trial though. If you sign up under a one year contract and aren't satisfied with the service you can terminate within 30 days to avoid paying the early termination fee. You would still be responsible for the full first months of service, any taxes and fees, any applicable usage or dispatch charges and the shipping and handling fees for the modem.

Though we don't know why you would, if you choose to switch back to standard ADSL1, you would have to call AT&T to establish a new phone service account with them and port your number back to AT&T. We can then place an order to establish standard ADSL1 service on the line. You would experience some downtime when switching back.

Thanks
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

zbestwun2001

Van Nuys, CA
reply to elray

George,

Do I have to wait till this years contract is up for renewal to sign up for this service.
Nick thinks there is a 30 day trial period, is that true?

If I have to switch back, which I hope I don't, will I incur any charges?

Thanks George...

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to zbestwun2001

said by zbestwun2001:

George, Can I port a VoIP number to this service.
I would like to keep the VoIP number I have?

Thanks, this sounds great!!

Oh!....and what about WiFi capabilities with this new modem/router?

Hi Steve,

I responded to those questions in the other thread.

»Re: Introducing DSL Extreme Fusion Broadband + Phone

Thanks
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

zbestwun2001

Van Nuys, CA

1 edit
reply to elray

George, Can I port a VoIP number to this service.
I would like to keep the VoIP number I have?

Thanks, this sounds great!!

Oh!....and what about WiFi capabilities with this new modem/router?

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to Goophy629

said by Goophy629:

"The service has been opened up to all existing clients in the service areas."

I can't see any relative new stuff in my member page, so.. bummer...

Based on your location to the left it looks like you are in the Oakland area. We aren't currently offering the service in that area. Sorry!

dcpoor

@dslextreme.com
reply to Goophy629

said by Goophy629:

Try the "Modify your Internet" page/link. A big Fusion banner/ad shows up for me.

Goophy629
Premium
join:2013-01-02
Oakland, CA
reply to dslx_gm

dcpoor

@dslextreme.com
reply to elray

Will DSL Extreme also offer the Annex M (»wiki.sonic.net/wiki/Annex_M_FAQ) configuration like Sonic?

quote from Sonic's page

Customizable profiles allow you to prioritize your traffic for your upstream or downstream speed preference. Upstream speed for a line is up to 1Mbps in the standard configuration (Annex A), or up to 2.5Mbps with upstream priority configuration (Annex M). For details, see the Annex M FAQ.
Thanks.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to zbestwun2001

said by zbestwun2001:

Well then, ''Informally" it sounds interesting... I'll wait for the News At 11.

Hi Steve,

The service has been opened up to all existing clients in the service areas. I checked your line and you qualify! You can take a look at the package details on our Members section at »www.dslextreme.com/members

Thanks,
George
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

customer

@dslextreme.com
reply to elray

I received one of the announcements, and checked out the page and I'm qualified. Speeds 'up to' 20 Mbps sounds great for DSL, but I'm not understanding the phone feature. Does it replace your AT&T line or is it like a second phone line? Also how much does it cost after the annual contract? I look forward to learning more about this new package. Thanks.

Wapcaplet

join:2005-03-31
Pasadena, CA
reply to dslx_gm

said by dslx_gm:

The service will be available to our existing customers early next week and new customers within the next two weeks.

George,

How will current customers be notified when we can sign up this week? Should we keep checking the "Modify your Internet" link on our account page? The prequalify link at Sonic says I should be eligible for Fusion. Thanks!

zbestwun2001

Van Nuys, CA
reply to elray

Well then, ''Informally" it sounds interesting... I'll wait for the News At 11.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to elray

said by elray:

I don't know what flexibility you enjoy with the product.

But if possible, please consider a "Naked" ("Less Phone") offering, as well as a 2-pair bonded service, and allow us to provide our own modem - or if you're standardizing on one model like Sonic, buy out the "rental" fee.

The way in which the product is offered it does require the bundle of Broadband and phone service. The rest of the details around the product offering will come with the formal announcement.
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

elray

join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·EarthLink
reply to dslx_gm

said by dslx_gm:

Hi elray,

The announcement hasn't been "formally" made yet, but we will be offering "DSL Extreme Fusion Broadband +Phone" service in the greater Los Angeles and Sacramento areas. The service will be available to our existing customers early next week and new customers within the next two weeks. The service will be available in select AT&T central offices. There won't initially be coverage in Verizon areas but we are discussing building out in those areas down the line.

We are of course very excited out this new product. A formal announcement with details around availability and pricing will be coming in the next few weeks. Stay tuned!

Thanks,
George

I don't know what flexibility you enjoy with the product.

But if possible, please consider a "Naked" ("Less Phone") offering, as well as a 2-pair bonded service, and allow us to provide our own modem - or if you're standardizing on one model like Sonic, buy out the "rental" fee.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:27
reply to dslx_gm

Aw, man. First Sonic and then George get to make the announcement... why you all gotta be stealing my thunder?!

Hehe, I kid.

But seriously, this Fusion service has been looking pretty sweet. I live in an Verizon-coverage area or I'd jump all over it myself... if/when we expand coverage to my area I certainly plan on it.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to elray

Hi elray,

The announcement hasn't been "formally" made yet, but we will be offering "DSL Extreme Fusion Broadband +Phone" service in the greater Los Angeles and Sacramento areas. The service will be available to our existing customers early next week and new customers within the next two weeks. The service will be available in select AT&T central offices. There won't initially be coverage in Verizon areas but we are discussing building out in those areas down the line.

We are of course very excited out this new product. A formal announcement with details around availability and pricing will be coming in the next few weeks. Stay tuned!

Thanks,
George
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

elray

join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

Sonic is stating that DSLExtreme has been chosen as their vendor for Fusion service in Los Angeles.

The DSLExtreme site does not appear to detail the offering.

Will the service be available in Verizon CO's?