The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 recommendation

NetFixer to pflog

Premium Member

to pflog

Re: [POLL] Would you opt out of powerboost if you could?

said by pflog:

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense actually. I guess time will tell. I guess D3 has given them the headroom to provide faster tiers and not guise things with PB. Although the extra D3 headroom would also allow for crazy PB, but probably more load on the network.

And it would produce more complaining (and service calls) when users who usually saw crazy PB sometimes did not see it. It is kind of like the way that dogs see the world; there is no sometimes, there is only never and always (if you have ever owned or lived with a dog, you will know what I mean).

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

said by NetFixer:

said by pflog:

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense actually. I guess time will tell. I guess D3 has given them the headroom to provide faster tiers and not guise things with PB. Although the extra D3 headroom would also allow for crazy PB, but probably more load on the network.

And it would produce more complaining (and service calls) when users who usually saw crazy PB sometimes did not see it. It is kind of like the way that dogs see the world; there is no sometimes, there is only never and always (if you have ever owned or lived with a dog, you will know what I mean).

That's a terrific analogy. Yes, that's quite true. We've seen it on these forums quite a bit in fact. "I normally get boosts to 80Mbps but lately only 45 Mbps, wth???"

I dunno, maybe it's just me but I really like consistency and predictability. I think it's a hang up from when I had FiOS on the east coast.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

said by pflog:

I dunno, maybe it's just me but I really like consistency and predictability. I think it's a hang up from when I had FiOS on the east coast.

Then you just need to come back to the "RIGHT" coast.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

said by ropeguru:

said by pflog:

Then you just need to come back to the "RIGHT" coast.

As soon as my company opens a site there (and no, Hudson is too damn cold so I'm not going there), I'm there Although I'm not sure my wife would be with me hahahha.

powerboost
@comcast.net

powerboost to NetFixer

Anon

to NetFixer
said by NetFixer:

Precisely. There are a lot of times where a Performance(15/2) tier person calls to complain that they have "slow" speeds. Slow speeds of 18/3. Because "I normally get around 24/4." That can be a difficult one.