Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal to EUS

Mod

to EUS

Re: Kayla Bourque - Killer in the waiting

said by EUS:

And who's to pay for all of this? Multiply this scenerio by how ever many Canadians are in the same boat that we have not heard of. Then I'll ask again, who's to pay for this ever lasting treatment & surveillance?
Depending on the crime committed, I'd pitch in for a bullet (yes, for capital punishment on some crimes), but not for in perpetuity monitoring based on today's group-think hypothesis of what may or may not be psychopath/sociopath tendencies.

Is surveillance and treatment going to be more or less expensive than locking someone up in perpetuity? I don't know, but I do know that I don't favour "a bullet" for something that someone hasn't done yet. I guess it's just me, but innocent until proven guilty is pretty strong when a crime hasn't actually occurred.
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

2 edits

vue666 (banned)

said by Kardinal:

Is surveillance and treatment going to be more or less expensive than locking someone up in perpetuity? I don't know, but I do know that I don't favour "a bullet" for something that someone hasn't done yet. I guess it's just me, but innocent until proven guilty is pretty strong when a crime hasn't actually occurred.

So other words you would prefer to wait until the crime occurs then deal with it rather then crime prevention?

But IF she hasn't done anything then WHY can't I own an AK47?

I mean I have NO criminal record other then one speeding ticket when I was in my early 20's...

I have no intent to do anyone harm nor am I considered a high risk to do so...

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
canada

EUS to Kardinal

Premium Member

to Kardinal
said by Kardinal:

said by EUS:

Depending on the crime committed, I'd pitch in for a bullet (yes, for capital punishment on some crimes)

but I do know that I don't favour "a bullet" for something that someone hasn't done yet. I guess it's just me, but innocent until proven guilty is pretty strong when a crime hasn't actually occurred.

I agree, you even quoted what I wrote. I shortened the quotes to make it plain as the nose on my face.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to vue666

Premium Member

to vue666
said by vue666:

I mean I have NO criminal record other then one speeding ticket when I was in my early 20's...

psst...a speeding ticket isn't a criminal record...speeding is a violation of the HTA, not a CC violation (unless it was going REALLY REALLY fast, where a dangerous driving charge, etc may come into play)...but i knew what you meant.
vue666 (banned)

vue666 (banned)

I knew that ... LOL... Just trying to make a point...

I was doing something like 120 in a 100 kph zone in a Toyota Celica...
Expand your moderator at work
vue666

vue666 (banned) to Kardinal

to Kardinal

said by Kardinal:

I don't know, but I do know that I don't favour "a bullet" for something that someone hasn't done yet. I guess it's just me, but innocent until proven guilty is pretty strong when a crime hasn't actually occurred.

So killing the family dog & torturing a cat, video taping the actions is not a crime? Sorry but a crime has been committed and with a strong indication (by professionals) she will do so again....

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium Member
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N

A Lurker

Premium Member

said by vue666:

So killing the family dog & torturing a cat, video taping the actions is not a crime? Sorry but a crime has been committed and with a strong indication (by professionals) she will do so again....

Animal cruelty / killing is unlikely to get her much (if any) time. As much as some people feel, myself included, that torturing and killing an animal is reprehensible, it's not a high priority for prosecution.

Heck, even getting animal control to investigate a complaint can be tough.
dragonfly5
join:2012-09-04

dragonfly5

Given one of the best indicators of a serial killer is the torture of animals, that attitude needs to change and it should be treated as a serious warning sign.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

1 recommendation

Kardinal to vue666

Mod

to vue666
said by vue666:

So other words you would prefer to wait until the crime occurs then deal with it rather then crime prevention?.

Not even close, but try reading again without your filter of bias.
said by vue666:

Attempted tangent/troll that has nothing to do with the discussion. Ignored.
said by vue666:

It's not a crime for which incarceration is normally assigned, sorry. Is it wrong? Yes, but people just don't go to prison for it so you can't use it for that reason now. She's been in prison to "pay the price" for what she has already done, so she's allowed to leave and there are conditions being put on that.

Why do you feel the assessment of her being a high risk is correct, when you thought the assessment of Turcotte being low risk was so wrong? It's the same organization (of professionals) doing it after all, so going from hyper-critical to hyper-supportive of their work based on individual cases is odd behaviour to say the least. Or is it because this time it's feeding into your biases?
vue666 (banned)

vue666 (banned)

said by Kardinal:

said by vue666:

So other words you would prefer to wait until the crime occurs then deal with it rather then crime prevention?.

Not even close, but try reading again without your filter of bias.
said by vue666:

Attempted tangent/troll that has nothing to do with the discussion. Ignored.
said by vue666:

It's not a crime for which incarceration is normally assigned, sorry. Is it wrong? Yes, but people just don't go to prison for it so you can't use it for that reason now. She's been in prison to "pay the price" for what she has already done, so she's allowed to leave and there are conditions being put on that.

Why do you feel the assessment of her being a high risk is correct, when you thought the assessment of Turcotte being low risk was so wrong? It's the same organization (of professionals) doing it after all, so going from hyper-critical to hyper-supportive of their work based on individual cases is odd behaviour to say the least. Or is it because this time it's feeding into your biases?

The reason I can not have an AK47 is because of it's possible danger to society... Now the authorities are warning Kayla Bourque is a possible danger to society...
Expand your moderator at work

Steve
I know your IP address

join:2001-03-10
Tustin, CA

1 recommendation

Steve to vue666

to vue666

said by vue666:

with a strong indication (by professionals) she will do so again....

I'm pretty sure most of the folks in this thread don't understand this because you haven't pointed it out enough.