All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Mr Anon
@k12.il.us

Mr Anon

Anon

[Connectivity] Comcast network being a little goofy?

Hello, I have a comcast business class line in blue island IL and I'm getting a mad amount of dorpped packets and what does come in is very late.

I was wondering if it was just me or if the wider network was having an issue? I ask because I have a friend in peotone IL, I know a lot further south, and he is on fiber where as I am coax but he is having the same issue at a few different buildings.

My connection is so bad now that I can no longer remotely manage it. I had a user complain about their VOIP phone but didn't check into it as the latency is borderline when everything is normal.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

Please provide more information (traceroutes, pings, signal levels, etc).

»Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ »How To Get Help!

Mr Anon
@k12.il.us

Mr Anon to Mr Anon

Anon

to Mr Anon
Thanks, I was more asking a question about the general health of the network in the area than my own connection. I wasn't at the remote site so I couldn't get that info but the failure rate was 23%

About 10 minutes after I posted this my line returned to normal. My friend is out on a call still so I can't report if his lines are any better.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

You can login here:

»customer.comcast.com/hel ··· support/

Then on the right under Connection Status, you should see the status for your area. If it's green, then the issue is either localized to you (and we'd need to see signal levels, traceroutes, etc) or is not widespread enough yet to have been flagged, or hasn't been reported enough to be flagged.

Mr Anon
@k12.il.us

Mr Anon

Anon

Awesome! I will add that to my shortcuts.

Quick question would that also work for someone on fiber?

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

said by Mr Anon :

Awesome! I will add that to my shortcuts.

Not sure about fiber. Perhaps whfsdude See Profile will chime in and comment.

whfsdude
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Washington, DC

whfsdude to Mr Anon

Premium Member

to Mr Anon
said by Mr Anon :

Nope. It is there but applies to the CMTS side of things. Pretty much any automated feature online won't work (eg. no bandwidth meter)

Any fiber based connection is going to be using Comcast's Metro Ethernet network.

Goes to an entirely different router and does not terminate to a CMTS. If your friend is having the same issue, doubt they are related.

Some more information (eg. MTR, traceroutes, etc) would be really useful here.
DanM64
join:2013-01-10
Mokena, IL

DanM64 to Mr Anon

to Mr Anon
I have a residential account and I was having problems around the same time as you were- ping was insanely high and everything was running very slow, also just like you after about 10 minutes it started running fine again and I haven't noticed any trouble since.