Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mwangen

join:2006-10-26
Beaverton, OR
reply to darcilicious

Re: [FiOS] "BIGTHANKYOU2"

Well I called the 800 number on the flyer last night and talked to a CSR about my options. I currently have 25/25 with Extreme HD and a landline (no long distance). I asked if it was possible to simply keep what I have and qualify for the $100 gift card. After some back and forth he did extend my current contract which was about to expire on the 13th for two years giving me price protection for that time plus I get the $100 gift card. The trickiest part was that I do not have long distance and at first the CSR thought that I needed a digital phone to qualify for the rebate. Frankly I was less interested in the Apple gift card and really wanted to keep my current plan going with another two years of price protection. I was looking at my bill increasing $65 if I wouldn't have done anything. The new plans they offer would have given me less service (25/5) for still more money ($12). So I'm happy that I was able to keep what I already have and continue to pay the same as before for the next two years. The gift card is just gravy.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

said by mwangen:

So I'm happy that I was able to keep what I already have and continue to pay the same as before for the next two years. The gift card is just gravy.

That's good to know. We have double play here (no landline) and if I can really renew without them changing anything (including the price), then there's not much to lose I guess
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

mwangen

join:2006-10-26
Beaverton, OR

said by darcilicious:

That's good to know. We have double play here (no landline) and if I can really renew without them changing anything (including the price), then there's not much to lose I guess

That's what the CSR told me. We'll see what happens when I get my next bill.