spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Guphanti

join:2013-01-09

VPN between home and iPad does not work on work Wi-Fi?

Hello,

I am trying to create a VPN on my Mac that I can access from my iPad in a remote location (work.) I have been using "iVPN" on the Mac to "distribute" the home Mac's Internet connection to the iPad. I have everything set up right and the VPN works fine and the iPad connects fine, just not when I am work, where I want it to work. The iPad tells me that it cannot connect to the VPN. I believe my work blocks VPN ports (1701, 1723 etc) I can do a google search from the iPad on the work WiFi so the connection is ok, but I believe those ports are blocked. If I connect the iPad to a restaurant's wifi for example, the VPN connects fine. What client can I use to create my own VPN at home where I can use a standard port like port 80 or something that is not blocked at work so that I can connect to the VPN from work?

Thanks

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:18
If this is a WORK environment, I would not go around deliberately looking to bypass company security
measures. End Of Discussion...... unless you are insisting on jeopardizing your existing line of employment?

If you haven't, I'd doublecheck your employee handbook for the company IT policy. The section on
penalties of violating this DEFINATELY needs a reread by you ASAP.

Regards