All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

Paralel to maxaroney

to maxaroney

Re: Next door neighbor has Uverse service why can't we have it?

Yeah, request a ticket for an actual on-site evaluation. Sometimes their remote tools that estimate the distance get bad data from taps on the line, bad grounds, damaged wiring, etc...

The 1st line CSRs don't usually know, nor have the authorization to put in this kind of request. You can try the AT&T Direct forum, or ask to be transfered to Level 2, they can usually get things done.
maxaroney
join:2013-01-09

maxaroney

Thanks! I'll keep these suggestions in mind when I talk to them tomorrow.

Thanks!

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17

Darknessfall

Premium Member

Measuring distance doesn't always mean everything. We have the AT&T boxes on our lawn which are 20 feet away. On U-verse Realtime we're listed as 700 feet .
nrobot80
join:2012-12-05
Union City, GA

nrobot80

Click for full size
The "loop" which measures the distance from the VRAD isn't a straight line, the VRAD could be in the shadow of your house but you could be too far from the VRAD because the "loop" loops around the neighborhood and your house could be at the end of the "loop". Question does your neighbor have an INID mounted on the side of their house? An INID makes it possible so people 3,000-about 4,200 feet from the VRAD can get U-Verse with a different drop. An example of an INID is in the pic on the right.
maxaroney
join:2013-01-09

maxaroney

Not sure about INID but I will check.

This isn't a neighborhood but a dead end street so there isn't any looping, it can only run along the road/drive way because most of the property is heavily forested. Pretty sure we know the path the phone line runs to our house - that's the distance I measured. Not to say that there isn't another problem. However, I do know we are the same distance from the VRAD as our neighbors (think triangle.)

Thanks for your thoughts! I'll keep them in mind.