Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ashrc4
Premium
join:2009-02-06
australia
reply to NetFixer

Re: Is "tin foil" now a banned phrase in this forum?

said by NetFixer:

I do understand that there is a policy on this site that does not permit discussion of "moderation", but how is one to know what the verboten words, phrases, and/or topics are if they can not be discussed?

I guess we can't ask AVD what happened?
But PM's are ok? yes/no?
--
Paradigm Shift beta test pilot. "Dying to defend one's small piece of suburb...Give me something global...STAT!

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1

I'm back in Black

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1
reply to ashrc4

said by ashrc4:

I guess we can't ask AVD what happened?

no comment...
--
* seek help if having trouble coping
--Standard disclaimers apply.--

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7

You will have help addressing the menace..»www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20···to-book/

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

said by Name Game:

You will have help addressing the menace..»www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20···to-book/

quote:
...the group’s ultimate purpose — protect humanity from aliens living in our bodies, who are bent on destroying us and ultimately the planet. ...
Hmm. If the aliens are already in our bodies, it seems like a tinfoil (or even mu-metal) hat won't do much good then. Even if it blocks their alien-to-alien mental energy-beam communication system, they could just use their human hosts to send each other eMails instead.
--
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.” A. de Tocqueville

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to NetFixer

As you know from physics tin foil equally isolates electromagnetic field in both directions, coming to and going from isolated area. Therefore, there could be two meanings for "tin foil hat". One is for these, who don't want others to know what they think (protecting their own privacy from others). And second one is for those, who don't want to know what others may think (protecting themselves from outside opinions and/or thoughts). If you use this term, which one you usually refer to?
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

ashrc4
Premium
join:2009-02-06
australia

said by OZO:

There is a third option where you isolate a particular area. Then wire in outside influences such as outside wifi or cell signals.
»www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/2011/04/14···in-foil/
Can't find an article where obama enters a tent that kills outside signals so long as the tent is closed.
--
Paradigm Shift beta test pilot. "Dying to defend one's small piece of suburb...Give me something global...STAT!

roc5955
Premium
join:2005-11-26
Rosendale, NY
reply to NetFixer

How about "thin aluminum headgear?"

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

said by roc5955:

How about "thin aluminum headgear?"

Personally, I prefer to use "not so thin aluminum headgear" (as shown below) because it also offers a bit of protection from falling sky pieces.

And of course with such stylish headgear, matching accessories are a necessity.

--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.