beck
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Stablehost.com

[WIN7] network printing problem

Win7 64bit with all updates. Network wireless printer with fixed address. Printer has been working with different networks etc for a couple of years.

I used to be able to print over the network to my Brother 640W printer. Last time I printed was a couple weeks ago. Today, after the windows updates, I cannot print over the network. This could have happened any time in the last couple weeks, but just know it today.

The file gets spooled but that's it. The printer seems to never see anything. If it was sleeping, it stays sleeping.

I can print to the printer over usb. All the bother utilities can talk to the printer over the network and send commands etc. So, the machine can see the printer. My netbook sitting right beside my laptop can print over the network fine. However, it doesn't have the windows updates from today. I'm not sure that the updates are the cause anyway.

I have removed the printer (usb and network) from the devices and re-installed them. They use the same driver.

So, are there things I can look for on the system to find out what happened and fix it? I am very sad.

Thanks for help on this!
--
Damn spy drones!
They are interfering
with my sun spots.

aguen
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR
kudos:2
Here is a link to a help document for this printer:
»welcome.solutions.brother.com/BS···&Cat=114

I don't have a Brother printer but I do have an Epson MFC and I use an Ethernet connection to it which is working fine after I applied the the Windows Updates this morning.

beck
Premium,MVM
On The Road
Reviews:
·Stablehost.com
reply to beck
I have tried the troubleshooting on their web site for the printer. It all looks ok. The printer status is ready. The machine and brother utilities can see the printer ok. Just can't print.

Like I said, I don't know it is from the updates. It's just after the updates.

beck
Premium,MVM
On The Road
Reviews:
·Stablehost.com
reply to beck
After not doing anything for a couple days, I hit print, forgetting it doesn't work. Well, it printed. Have NO idea what the problem was and what fixed it. But I can print again.