Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Finally watched Iron Sky

Can I get that time back? Ugh.. I though the movie would have been a tad more serious.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Oh come on, it was camp, right down to the President being Sarah Palin.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Ahh yes the PILF.

I thought that part was great, it was a few other things, that I can't recall right now.
I guess I went in expecting a decent sci fi movie, and not a campy movie. I try to avoid those, unless there are a lot of nubile nearly nude women running around.

Nightwing
This is it boys,this is war
Premium Member
join:2002-04-08
CT

Nightwing to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Really. It was a movie about Nazis hiding on the moon for the last 65 years and you thought it would be serious?
beavercable
Premium Member
join:2008-05-11
Beaverton, OR

beavercable to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
It was as if the Wayans Brother's made a slightly larger budgeted movie for SyFy.

Wily_One
Premium Member
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

Wily_One to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
I thought it was good satire. If people go in expecting a parody they will be disappointed. And yes, there's actually a serious message in this movie.

RockCake
Premium Member
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA

RockCake to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
I see it's available on Netflix, I may check it out.
It's also on Prime for a .99 rental.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

I guess I went in expecting a decent sci fi movie, and not a campy movie. I try to avoid those, unless there are a lot of nubile nearly nude women running around.

Here's the movie for you! - Nude on the Moon (1961)

seaquake
MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD

seaquake to Snakeoil

MVM

to Snakeoil
Buddy of mine told me today it was on Netflix. I was anxious to see it when it came out simply because the premise is something new, if not far fetched. I'll probably give it a watch this weekend. Thanks to your post I'll lower my expectations of entertainment value.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to Bob4

Premium Member

to Bob4
lol. I remember watching a show where they people that made the early "risky" movies had a very tight rope to walk.
I think one sci-fi movie was filed at a nudist colony. The location was supposed to be venus, I think.

Funny how tight the standards were back then, then they got relaxed in the 80's.. remember UP the Creek and Hardbodies when they hit theaters with a PG rating, but Dirty Harry had an R rating because of the use of the word Fuck. Boobies PG, Use the word fuck several times, get an R.
Now things are back to tightly controlled.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to seaquake

Premium Member

to seaquake
Don't lower your expectations, it's hilarious, and a serious notch above the FDR movie that's about to come out.

If you want to see another hilarious movie, checkout Lesbian Vampire Killers, British movie.. just a laugh.

RockCake
Premium Member
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA

RockCake to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Well I watched it. Wasn't great...wasn't terrible. I was entertained. The gal who played Renate was cute, and Peta/Vivian has a nice rack. Turning Washington into a white dude looked too damn freaky.

seaquake
MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD

seaquake to Snakeoil

MVM

to Snakeoil
Home sick today so I watched it. Not great but not bad, either. Had a few places in there that made me chuckle, like the representative from DPRK claiming the Nazi ships were personally built by their leader.

Curious about what people think is the serious message from the movie? If you don't mind sharing your thoughts, please do.

Wily_One
Premium Member
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

Wily_One

Premium Member

The movie is clearly a satire of American politics, including the view that we do whatever we want regardless of international laws, etc. For example we have a weaponized space ship even though there are treaties against it.   And yet, a short while later we find that ALL the other nations do also, making them not only guilty but hypocrites as well.  The only country that actually complied with the treaty was Finland.  (This makes sense if you know this movie was a Finnish production.)  

But I think at the very end, aside from all the obvious humor and satire, we have a sobering realization that mankind is once again at war (looking like nuclear war this time) over resources (He3).  The message that I took as serious was mankind has still not learned his lesson and this was WWIII.