share rss forum feed

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
reply to signmeuptoo

Re: ebay: Item not as described, your advice?

They are offering for me to return it or accept a 3 dollar refund. That is still more than Amazon, but frankly, I don't have a car, so going to the PO is a problem.

I wonder if they knowingly baited and switched...

battleop

join:2005-09-28

Did you realize the post office will pick up packages?

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast

No, but the additional cost, the cost of shipping back, also, it just sin't worth it. I am suspicious that this dealer knew they were doing this, but live and learn. The photo wasn't good enough to tell which model it was for sure, but one photo looks like it IS of the model they put up for offer.

Am I obligated to leave a positive review if they refund me 3 bucks? While I don't like the idea of slamming someone, it is sad they are only offering 3 bucks when I could get the same one, new, not used, with free shipping for a little less.

OTOH, they are surprisingly good sounding phones for what they cost, so I am cutting the losses and accepting the partial refund.

If they had sold these as what they really are, they probably would have only gotten half as much for them, but it's all chump change, so...
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.