Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Deus
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Brooklyn, NY

[Wired] Spotify Causing E4200 to Drop Connection

Whenever I stream music over Spotify for over an hour my connection drops. This is a repeatable issue and happens almost daily. A quick unplug of the router fixes the issue. I never had to reset my cable modem when resolving the issue. I can stream HD content from Netflix and my connection never goes down. I am at a lost as to what it is with Spotify that is killing my connection, as in no other connected devices to the router are able to access the internet once the network connection goes down. I was hoping someone here would be able to point me in the right direction as to how to fix this perplexing issue.

I'm currently using a Linksys E4200 Rev 1.0 with 1.0.5 firmware on Windows 7. I'm running Spotify is version 0.8.5.1333. I have a Motorola SBV6220 modem. My line is rated for 50Mb/8Mb.

Deus
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

I finally found a fix for this issue. The culprit was UPnP. I had disabled UPnP on my router even though it wasn't affected by the UPnP vulnerability and since then I have not had to reset my router while streaming Spotify.

Hope this helps anyone who might encounter this issue in the future. Also, after discovering that my issue was UPnP related, I was able to find others with this same issue.

»homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Wirel···p/457013