All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
CrimPhoenix
join:2013-01-09

CrimPhoenix to Kwik

to Kwik

Re: Installing personally owned Modem

How long does it typically take to have the mac address for my bright house internet account updated to the mac address from my shiny new SB6141?

I just got off the live chat support with an individual named Pat C, who told me it could take two days to have this change processed... When I inquired if technicians can be on-site for calls and have modems activated and de-activated on the fly but not when I call/chat with customer support, they indicated that the statement provided was correct. But because I did not have technician on-site, it would take up to two days. They even indicated that if I called in to the technical support line, it would not make things move along any faster.

As I am hoping that this cable modem will correct the horrible up and down connection issues that we currently experience at the house, I obviously was hoping that this would get switched over sooner.

Thanks!
Jason

Guide_Tim
join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA

Guide_Tim

Well for me I called my LOCAL Brighthouse network office and they activated my SB6141 over the phone in 10 minutes. Now if you call the National Road Runner Help desk then yea they might give you some delays. Heck I've seen BHNtechXpert activate customers new modems like within minutes of them opening a direct Forums post. Just enter your Current IP address and post the new modem's MAC that you want activated , I'm sure BHNtechXpert can activate it with just a few clicks Here is the link to provide him with your information »/fo ··· sedirect
Hope this helps
CrimPhoenix
join:2013-01-09

CrimPhoenix

Thanks Tim, I posted in the forum you suggested!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to CrimPhoenix

Premium Member

to CrimPhoenix
said by CrimPhoenix:

How long does it typically take to have the mac address for my bright house internet account updated to the mac address from my shiny new SB6141?

I just got off the live chat support with an individual named Pat C, who told me it could take two days to have this change processed... When I inquired if technicians can be on-site for calls and have modems activated and de-activated on the fly but not when I call/chat with customer support, they indicated that the statement provided was correct. But because I did not have technician on-site, it would take up to two days. They even indicated that if I called in to the technical support line, it would not make things move along any faster.

As I am hoping that this cable modem will correct the horrible up and down connection issues that we currently experience at the house, I obviously was hoping that this would get switched over sooner.

Thanks!
Jason

A new modem is not going to solve connection problems if it's signal related. In fact swapping the modem before properly determining the problem could temporarily mask the real problem. I would like to use this case as an example of why you should NEVER try to self diagnose these things. In the meantime Jason I will take a look and be in touch.

Guide_Tim
join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA

Guide_Tim

Gary Just activate the poor man's New Modem, pretty please I can feel his pain