Search similar:

uniqs

Bluefish
Premium Member
join:2010-02-23

Bluefish

Premium Member

[Excel] 2010 Pivot Table Help

I have a Worksheet with multiple columns and rows of data (and I have filters for each column in the worksheet) and I use a pivot table to summarize one of the columns which has multiple items that I need a count for each like item in that column, which is title Source (pivot table shows: CareerBuilder 1, Dice 1, Monster 2, Linkedin 2 with all the rows in the worksheet selected) ... when I filter the worksheet data to show only Sally and Linus' line items, I want that pivot table to show the source totals for only those rows (CareerBuilder 1, Dice 1, Monster 1). Is it possible for a pivot table to do this? Basically change totals dynamically, as the worksheet data is filtered. I have searched and searched and just can't figure it out. TIA, Veronica

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire

Cudni

MVM

Did you try to filter the pivot table as required?
»office.microsoft.com/en- ··· 795.aspx

Cudni

Bluefish
Premium Member
join:2010-02-23

Bluefish

Premium Member

At first glance it doesn't look like this would work but I will read the link more indepth on Monday. What I need is for my boss to be able to filter the worksheet table data and have the pivot totals adjust accordingly but I don't know if that's possible. Thanks for your help Cudni.

H2OuUp2
Happy to be here
Premium Member
join:2002-03-15
Oklahoma City, OK

H2OuUp2 to Bluefish

Premium Member

to Bluefish

Subtotal
You don't need a Pivot Table for this. Just put a blank row and use the subtotal.

See Screenshot. This works for one selection

Kalford
Seems To Be An Rtfm Problem.
MVM
join:2001-03-20
Ontario

Kalford to Bluefish

MVM

to Bluefish
Click for full size
The image is from excel 2007, but it should work in 2010. Just set up your pivot table as per image.