how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bluefish
Premium
join:2010-02-23

[Excel] 2010 Pivot Table Help

I have a Worksheet with multiple columns and rows of data (and I have filters for each column in the worksheet) and I use a pivot table to summarize one of the columns which has multiple items that I need a count for each like item in that column, which is title Source (pivot table shows: CareerBuilder 1, Dice 1, Monster 2, Linkedin 2 with all the rows in the worksheet selected) ... when I filter the worksheet data to show only Sally and Linus' line items, I want that pivot table to show the source totals for only those rows (CareerBuilder 1, Dice 1, Monster 1). Is it possible for a pivot table to do this? Basically change totals dynamically, as the worksheet data is filtered. I have searched and searched and just can't figure it out. TIA, Veronica

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire
kudos:13
Did you try to filter the pivot table as required?
»office.microsoft.com/en-gb/excel···795.aspx

Cudni
--
"what we know we know the same, what we don't know, we don't know it differently."
Help yourself so God can help you.
Microsoft MVP, 2006 - 2012/13

Bluefish
Premium
join:2010-02-23
At first glance it doesn't look like this would work but I will read the link more indepth on Monday. What I need is for my boss to be able to filter the worksheet table data and have the pivot totals adjust accordingly but I don't know if that's possible. Thanks for your help Cudni.

H2OuUp2
Happy to be here
Premium
join:2002-03-15
Oklahoma City, OK
reply to Bluefish

Subtotal
You don't need a Pivot Table for this. Just put a blank row and use the subtotal.

See Screenshot. This works for one selection
--
He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Kalford
Seems To Be An Rtfm Problem.
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-20
Ontario
kudos:1
reply to Bluefish
Click for full size
The image is from excel 2007, but it should work in 2010. Just set up your pivot table as per image.