Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bruin23
Premium
join:2004-06-17
San Francisco, CA

OTA Picture breaks up when cars drive by

I live in a second-story apartment with my windows facing outside toward the street. Whenever a car drives by past my apartment building, my picture breaks up and gets pixelated. This happens on all 4 of the broadcast networks. I've tried moving the antenna around, but the problem still persists. This happens ONLY when a car drives by, otherwise the picture displays perfectly without any breakups. Any suggestions for what to do?

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2

Raise it as high as possible

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
reply to bruin23

said by bruin23:

I live in a second-story apartment with my windows facing outside toward the street. Whenever a car drives by past my apartment building, my picture breaks up and gets pixelated. This happens on all 4 of the broadcast networks. I've tried moving the antenna around, but the problem still persists. This happens ONLY when a car drives by, otherwise the picture displays perfectly without any breakups. Any suggestions for what to do?

Welcome to 1960! I remember ghosting on our old B & W TV when aircraft in the landing pattern for Dorval airport in Montreal flew over.

This info should help. You can start by tightening all connections. If that doesn't work, replace the cable between the antenna and the set with high quality RG-6 with no joints or junctions. If that doesn't help, not much else to try.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

bruin23
Premium
join:2004-06-17
San Francisco, CA
reply to Hall

Looks like that worked, thanks a lot for the tip.