spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sonuis

join:2013-01-10

HN Gen4 - Usage not decreasing

Is anyone currently experiencing this? Yesterday I was at 2750~ megs left on my anytime minutes, then this morning I wake to find myself with a full 10 gigs. I don't have auto-token on, so I checked with all the users in the house and they did not use a restore token. I figured that I'd just go along with it and smile.

I browse for a bit, decide to watch a video or two... I paused for a moment and realized that I had watched two videos on YouTube, fairly lengthy ones. I check out the status meter to see damage I caused... nothing. I check the system status page and yet, it also shows no change.

After doing some fair amount of online searching (I don't want to call Tech Support to waste such a great thing right now) I don't see anyone speaking of this. So, I ask is anybody having the same "issue" that I am experiencing? Now that I think about it, I should've asked much earlier since my Bonus Bytes have never budged an inch.

Expand your moderator at work

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to Sonuis

Re: HN Gen4 - Usage not decreasing

Ours was nearly empty last night but then suddenly it gets filled back up to only 50% somethin aint right cause last time they filled it clear back up to full. When did you get gen4? If you just got it about 5 or 8 days ago then yours still in the free download capacity. Sara mentioned over on the community board that every new customer of gen4 has totally free download there first 13 days or so.

Elkhorn

join:2009-12-31
Lyons, OR
reply to Sonuis

My modem page incorrectly shows 100% daytime bytes, but the Customer Care page correctly shows 40% (I check my usage daily).
I've been on Gen4 since November, and this is the second time it's happened, and it seems like a lot of users are affected, they're complaining on the HN site.
The last time this was an issue it was fixed after a few days......
--
HT1000, Gen4, Power PLUS, Beam 10, Windows 7

Sonuis

join:2013-01-10
reply to diablo1892

November

Neal421

join:2013-01-11
South Pittsburg, TN
reply to Sonuis

I am having this problem. I had 3.8gb left according to the system control center. I look a few hours later and it shows Full 100%. Now the data will not go down. I tried checking the usage by entering my SAN under the hughesnet website and the website has an error.

Not sure what to do

Neal421

join:2013-01-11
South Pittsburg, TN

It is fixed now. It shows the data going down. It reset me though

Neal421

@direcway.com
reply to Sonuis

Yes, I am having this problem. I was at 3.8Gb left for the 'anytime' data. And suddenly it went to full 10gb. I was like..what? Data isnt going down. Is that a good thing? tried checking the data thru the hughesnet tools, then entering the SAN. but i get an error.

james1979
Premium
join:2012-10-09
Quinault, WA
reply to Sonuis

Click for full size
said by Sonuis:

Is anyone currently experiencing this?
After doing some fair amount of online searching (I don't want to call Tech Support to waste such a great thing right now) I don't see anyone speaking of this. So, I ask is anybody having the same "issue"

Yes, I am. The Download Allowance Status on my System Control Center is "stuck" at 100% no matter how many HD videos I stream. The HughesNetStatusMeter tool also shows 100% remaining. However, when I login to my.hughesnet.com, I get a warning that I have exceeded my plan allowance of "0 MB" (instead of 10000 MB).

There is a topic on the HughesNet community which seems to be related to this issue:

»community.myhughesnet.com/hughes···esetting
--
HT1000/Time Capsule, Exede 12/Airport Express, OSX Snow Leopard

ht1000user

@direcway.com
reply to Sonuis

It's been resetting constantly for me for the 3 months I've had it. I watch about one movie a day and youtube regularly. I don't know if I'd call this a "problem" though, more like the way things should be! Hopefully this is never fixed