DarkSithPro (banned)
join:2005-02-12
Tempe, AZ

1 recommendation

DarkSithPro (banned) to Alpha Phoenix

to Alpha Phoenix

Re: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 vs. Nexus 7

said by Alpha Phoenix:

As the title of this thread states, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 vs Nexus 7.... I am considering buying one of these two tablets as a gift for my cousin, and I am wondering which of these two is the better one to get, and why?

Wanted to post in here and get some feedback from you guys. Thanks.

Android has finally become a really good OS with Jelly Bean. I do not like these manufactures installing their custom touchwiz style interfaces within the OS. It just completely ruins the Android experience for me IMO. This is why I would never get a Nook, or a Kindle Fire. Once they start hacking up the OS it becomes absolute shit and not worth it...

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0

Premium Member

said by DarkSithPro:

Android has finally become a really good OS with Jelly Bean. I do not like these manufactures installing their custom touchwiz style interfaces within the OS. It just completely ruins the Android experience for me IMO. This is why I would never get a Nook, or a Kindle Fire. Once they start hacking up the OS it becomes absolute shit and not worth it...

Well that is pretty much limited to those 2 being heavily company oriented/limited.

Most of the others are much the same one to another, but for preinstalled stuff, but OS pretty much just Android. OS wise very little difference between the two in question.
DarkSithPro (banned)
join:2005-02-12
Tempe, AZ

DarkSithPro (banned)

said by Hayward0:

said by DarkSithPro:

Well that is pretty much limited to those 2 being heavily company oriented/limited.

Most of the others are much the same one to another, but for preinstalled stuff, but OS pretty much just Android. OS wise very little difference between the two in question.

The problem is fragmentation. Because those companies put their custom interfaces into the OS it takes a lot longer to update to the latest version. That's if it ever happens at all. I bet there are a lot of devices still stuck on ICS, or Gingerbread because of that.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0

Premium Member

Well it also in their misguided attempt to get people to upgrade CrApple is so good at.

If not found a really good used deal on a Used Asus 201 Transfomer I would not have upgraded... 101 among those stuck at ICS, but was upgraded from HC 3.x which was the tab only OS, ICS was developed from and then phones finally went past 2.3 to ICS 4.x

Also the 201 was a Tegra 3 processor vs Tegra 2

However the current 300/700's have no hardware enhancement Still same Tegra 3 and hardware.

201 was issued with ICS but upgraded to JB 4.1 but looking like it won't even get to 4.2

As with the 201 a hardware upgrade as well as OS, well OK, but OS alone and leaving the rest behind... no way I will root first, if OEM 4.2 doesn't come soon.