Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DelmarPip
Premium
join:2011-10-15
Brownsville, TX

[Scam] look what i found could be a scam or something

i recently lost my xbox live gold membership so i been online looking for a good price when i came across this site is it legit or a scam can some one here find out ?

»www.trythings.org/product_info.p···_id=9006

Snowy
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Clearwire Wireless
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit

1 recommendation

I clicked the 'add to cart" button which was a redirect to this Amazon page
»www.amazon.com/Xbox-Live-Gold-St···07W7XNSK

Xbox Live 12m Gold Starter Kit (CXC-00008) -
by Microsoft
Be the first to review this item | Like (0)
Available from these sellers.
1 new from $76.98

Your link has it listed as
Xbox 360 Live 12 Month Gold Kit
[VAMSFT 88222]
$1.00

Here's how the site presents itself to the public
"Incatch LLC DBA Trythings.org is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com"

The sites only purpose is to earn commissions via referrals to Amazon that presumably result in a sale.
The site isn't about 'trying things" it's about 'buying things" so a thumbs down for that.

Is it a scam?
The site's coding is rank amateur with misleading $1.00 signs but I wouldn't call it a scam, just another dime a dozen site that hasn't a clue.

EDIT To Add: I registered with the site to see what that was about, here's the welcome email they sent
"We welcome you to TryThings - A new world of products and product reviews.

You can now take part in the various services we have to offer you. Some of these services include:

Permanent Cart - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.
Address Book - We can now deliver your products to another address other than yours! This is perfect to send birthday gifts direct to the birthday-person themselves.
Order History - View your history of purchases that you have made with us.
Products Reviews - Share your opinions on products with our other customers.

Address Book - We can now deliver your products to another address other than yours! This is perfect to send birthday gifts direct to the birthday-person themselves.

Yeah, it's also a perfect way to send yourself a birthday gift using the credit card data of a total stranger.

The lack of a secure (SSL) connection to collect my registration info was only a minor issue because it didn't contain any financial data but for these jokers to offer shipping to an alternate address for online orders is a really bad idea especially if it's actually true.

relic215

@ihost.com

Not for nothing but you do realize that most if not all online florists allow you to ship to another address other than the billing address...I agree the site is fishy, however your reasoning is slightly loose.

Whip

join:2009-01-23
Califon, NJ
reply to DelmarPip

How does one 'lose' a membership but can't just re-sign up? That sentence is hinky to me.

Snowy
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Clearwire Wireless
·Time Warner Cable
reply to relic215

said by relic215 :

Not for nothing but you do realize that most if not all online florists allow you to ship to another address other than the billing address...I agree the site is fishy, however your reasoning is slightly loose.

Would it not be looser to take the normal practice of one sector of online merchants & extend it to all other online merchants?
Flowers are nice but they'd be nicer if they were delivered with a ring, stereo, anything Louis Vuitton etc... good luck with that.

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium
join:2001-12-11
SOG C&C Nrth
reply to Whip

m2