All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Tech121212
join:2013-01-10
Maple Ridge, BC

Tech121212

What do Shaw Tech's do when they're in your home?

Hi there,

I'm getting a second modem from Shaw that is a cisco modem because my speed is an issue. I'm getting 3.65 mb/s and 2.6 upstream with a 25 m/bs package. I'd say that that is a terrible service beyond anyones explanation, and the fact that when I get decent speeds it disconnects me and the wireless doesn't expand to 2 other bedrooms.

Anyway, other than checking the speeds at Shaw Speed test, would the Tech from Shaw physically go on the computer to test this connection or am I able to do that. I understand we're trying to test a router but rightfully it is my computer. I'm sure they would keep to themselves?

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

If the tech wants to do a speedtest, usually they would use their own laptop - to also rule out your computer being the issue, but they might.

Wireless coverage, that is a completely different issue, which is much harder to fix, and isn't Shaw's to figure out your wireless router's coverage issue. The Cisco, if you have it in router mode, may have better coverage, it might now.

They'll probably start with their signal meter, to see what the signal is doing.
ilianame
join:2002-06-05
Burnaby, BC

ilianame to Tech121212

to Tech121212
said by Tech121212:

...I understand we're trying to test a router but rightfully it is my computer. I'm sure they would keep to themselves?

Yes they will report kitty pr0n