mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd

MVM

[CallCentric] Good Experience

Moved one of my DID's to CallCentric -- so far I am pleased with my experience and especially not having to play musical chairs or ring around the rosy.

Call quality has been excellent -- outgoing and incoming.

My only trepidation is not knowing what CallCentric has done to overcome the Sandy issues in the future. Will see how it goes.

Why did I choose CallCentric? I like PX Eliezer704 See Profile POV

engineercarl
Premium Member
join:2003-02-24
Washington, DC

engineercarl

Premium Member

My humble opinion is to not sweat the small stuff. Find yourself a cheap backup provider that will let you set your outbound CID, and put a few bucks on it. Use it in the (rare) instance that CC goes down, and you need to make calls.

Heck, you could even set a call treatment to redirect calls to the backup's SIP address if your ATA un-registers.

Just my $0.02.

Carl
amd64now
join:2007-04-01
canada

1 recommendation

amd64now to mozerd

to mozerd
I have tested off and on Callcentric over the years and call quality has always been excellent for my Canadian call destinations. Since I recently found out about Canadian CNAM support, I have purchased another DID to test. Canadian CNAM delivery has been working perfectly.

Unfortunately, I can only use them as a secondary provider as they cannot port from my rate center in Orleans, ON. They seem to be able to port all around me but not in Orleans.

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k to mozerd

Premium Member

to mozerd
I've had excellent luck with them EXCEPT for the Sandy outage and am willing to accept that that is very likely a once in a lifetime event. They're now likely one of the most DDoS-resistant providers on the planet, too.

Of course, their feature set is different from others' and may not meet everyone's needs, but for mine it's been great.

mozerd
MVM
Nepean, ON

mozerd to engineercarl

MVM

to engineercarl
said by engineercarl:

Heck, you could even set a call treatment to redirect calls to the backup's SIP address if your ATA un-registers.

Yep, I like the Call Treatment feature, its easy to understand and has very nice options.

RobThompson
Caution - VoIP Challenged Alert
Premium Member
join:2012-02-14
J8G 0C9

RobThompson to mozerd

Premium Member

to mozerd
I have been looking at CallCentric and I find it expensive, for home use, but maybe I don't understand it:

Call out 6.95 USD
Call in 5.95 USD
E911 1.50 USD

Or, $14.40 USD per month for 500 minutes Out & unlimited In.

Is that correct?
amd64now
canada

amd64now to mozerd

to mozerd
$12.90. $6.95 out includes E911
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango to RobThompson

Premium Member

to RobThompson
North America 500 includes 911. So $6.95+$5.95 = $12.90.

RobThompson
Premium Member
J8G 0C9

RobThompson to mozerd

Premium Member

to mozerd
Thanks for the correction.

Now it looks slightly cheaper than Anveo.

mozerd
MVM
Nepean, ON

mozerd to RobThompson

MVM

to RobThompson
said by RobThompson:

Is that correct?

Sorry I am not familiar with the plans you outlined.

I use the Pay Per Call/minute plan which costs $1.95 per month plus $0.0198 per minute ... I am not sure if this per minute rate is for both outgoing and incoming ... regardless I have no issue with the rate since its far cheaper than what I was paying Primus.

I am far more concerned with Call Quality and reliability especially from incoming calls from my clients.
amd64now
canada

amd64now to mozerd

to mozerd
Anveo is cheaper.

$2.00 - unlimited incoming

.80c - E911

outgoing: 0.005 x 500 = 2.50

$5.30

RobThompson
Premium Member
J8G 0C9

RobThompson

Premium Member

Don't you need the $7.85 plan?

If not, when *would* you need the $7.85 plan & why?

Thanks,

mozerd
MVM
Nepean, ON

mozerd

MVM

Please do not highjack my thread. thanks.

RobThompson
Premium Member
J8G 0C9

RobThompson

Premium Member

I am sorry.

I never knew what 'hijacking' meant - now, I do.

Please accept my apologies.

Rob.

mozerd
MVM
Nepean, ON

mozerd

MVM

No problem --- Just create a new thread Called VoIP Rate/Plan Comparison and I'm sure many would jump in.

VexorgTR
join:2012-08-27
Sheffield Lake, OH

VexorgTR to mozerd

to mozerd
CallCentric is a favorite of ours too. It's a cost/value thing. Call Quality is excellent... and the price is low. There are cheaper, and more expensive options, but I like what CC delivers for the money.
ancodia
join:2006-07-10
canada

ancodia to amd64now

to amd64now
said by amd64now:

Since I recently found out about Canadian CNAM support, I have purchased another DID to test. Canadian CNAM delivery has been working perfectly.

Can you expand on this? When I tried Callcentric I found the caller id info lacking (for instance, a inbound call from a Rogers cell would not show the name, it would say something like wireless, ON)
zephxiii
join:2012-12-12
Fort Wayne, IN
(Software) pfSense

zephxiii to mozerd

to mozerd
Other than the internet storm we had the other day that interrupted service, things have been good.

I really wish Callcentric had sub accounts like voip.ms does. I am using Voip.ms as my backup/failover carrier and the sub account feature they have there is super handy dandy and i wish i had that on Callcentric.

VexorgTR
Sheffield Lake, OH

VexorgTR

The sub accounts would be quite handy indeed. It would make the billing easier anyway.
amd64now
canada

amd64now to mozerd

to mozerd
The CNAM from landlines have been working perfectly. I was able to get someone to call from Bell Canada, Bell Aliant and Rogers Home Phone. All were accurate. Also, my name set in my ata adapter from voip.ms worked to Callcentric.

VexorgTR
Sheffield Lake, OH

VexorgTR to mozerd

to mozerd
All you darn Canadians and your caller ID's..... he he. Just kidding.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to mozerd

Premium Member

to mozerd
Quite competent.

Quietly competent.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango to VexorgTR

Premium Member

to VexorgTR
said by VexorgTR:

All you darn Canadians and your caller ID's..... he he. Just kidding.

I don't get the joke.
sarahportman
join:2012-10-31

sarahportman to mozerd

to mozerd
Call centric for me is kind of expensive but kind of worth it. Many people I know prefer this one but I guess I think it depend upon the user and needs of the user.

mozerd
MVM
Nepean, ON

mozerd

MVM

said by mozerd:

My only trepidation is not knowing what CallCentric has done to overcome the Sandy issues in the future. Will see how it goes.

I Found the following information made available by Arne Bolen See Profile ... Thank You!

Callcentric addresses concerns expressed by multiple posters to DSLRs

As someone very involved with IT issues I feel much better after reading the above account and especially the good information provided by Iscream See Profile

Rendering
@ucar.edu

Rendering

Anon

said by mozerd:

As someone very involved with IT issues I feel much better after reading the above account and especially the good information provided by Iscream See Profile

They do a good job and I would be tempted to use them except for the amazing lack of an IVR. That lack makes them good for nothing but outgoing.

They must have overlooked it when setting up. An egregious lack for an otherwise sophisticated voip provider.
dcm
join:2008-09-12
Pennsylvania

1 edit

dcm to RobThompson

to RobThompson
said by RobThompson:

I have been looking at CallCentric and I find it expensive, for home use, but maybe I don't understand it:

Call out 6.95 USD
Call in 5.95 USD
E911 1.50 USD (included in $6.95 call out plan)

Or, $12.90 USD per month for 500 minutes Out & unlimited In.

The question one has to ask is what is your actual monthly average usage? Is it less than 266 in and/or 275 out? If yes, then you can mix/match PAYG and bucket plans for a lower cost.

In as low as $1.95 DID + $0.015/min (266 min = $4.00 + $1.95 = $5.95)
Out as low as $0.0198/min + $1.50 E911 (275 min = $5.45 + $1.50 = $6.95)

Another option to lower the cost for incoming is an unlimited Dirt Cheap DID for $2.95 or an unlimited FREE NY DID for $0.00
scooper
join:2000-07-11
Kansas City, KS
·Google Fiber

scooper to mozerd

to mozerd
DCM - you're off by a couple of decimal places -

Callcentric PAY as you go outgoing is $.0198 / minute, incoming is $.0150 + $1.95/month DID fee + $1.50/month 911 fee

My typical bill for a month with them is about $10- $12 / month (2 outgoing, 1 incoming)
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

1 edit

PX Eliezer704 to Rendering

Premium Member

to Rendering
said by Rendering:

They do a good job and I would be tempted to use them except for the amazing lack of an IVR. That lack makes them good for nothing but outgoing.

They must have overlooked it when setting up.

Yes, you said the same thing in your review also posted today.
»Review of Callcentric

So from where are you familiar with IVR?

The large majority of Voip providers do not have IVR, so your statement of "good for nothing" is rather extreme as well as reflective of ignorance.

CallCentric DOES have many other features that some other companies lack.

------------------

Most people don't need IVR.

For those who do, yes, by all means use your friends at Voip.MS.

Too bad Voip.MS lacks flat-rate outbound calling plans, lacks free inbound AND outbound CNAM, lacks a fax server, lacks auto-recharge, and lacks stability on many of its servers.

They must have overlooked it.

mozerd
MVM
Nepean, ON

mozerd

MVM

said by PX Eliezer704:

Most people don't need IVR.

None of my existing business clients ask for IVR capability. But I do not have any Call Centers in my client list just yet.