uniqs
share rss forum feed

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
kudos:2
reply to alkizmo

Re: [Tablet] Cheapest/Minimum device for 720p?

said by alkizmo:

Yeah well I updated to say that she wants bigger than 7"

For posterity.

alkizmo

join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC
kudos:1

Can't say I am surprised, she is used to bigger.

alkizmo

Pierrefonds, QC
reply to alkizmo

Just won a 150$ gift card for Best Buy at my work's xmas party (Ya they were cheap enough to do it after xmas, but gave tons of prizes!)

I think I'll go buy an Asus TF300T

alkizmo

Pierrefonds, QC
reply to alkizmo

Ok so I bought the Asus TF300T 32GB.

It came out to 315$ (350$ - 10% off for open box).
I had 150$ BB gift card I won + 150$ shopping mall gift card. All I had to pay was the sales tax + the last 15$.

At that price, I COULD have possibly found something slightly better, MAYBE (frankly I dont think so), but it would have been online and I wouldn't have been able to use my gift cards.

So ya.. I think I'm pretty satisfied. It's not the best screen compared to the Transformer Prime or the Galaxy Tab 10.1", but frankly, it's plenty bright enough and this will be used primarily indoors.

Considering is has the tegra 3, GPS, a memory car slot, a microHDMI port and a pretty decent camera (for capturing those moments when you're unprepared), I think it will meet our needs and more.

Time to explore the android world guys!

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by alkizmo:

Ok so I bought the Asus TF300T 32GB.

At that price, I COULD have possibly found something slightly better, MAYBE (frankly I dont think so), but it would have been online and I wouldn't have been able to use my gift cards.

So ya.. I think I'm pretty satisfied. It's not the best screen compared to the Transformer Prime or the Galaxy Tab 10.1", but frankly, it's plenty bright enough and this will be used primarily indoors.

Considering is has the tegra 3, GPS, a memory car slot, a microHDMI port and a pretty decent camera (for capturing those moments when you're unprepared), I think it will meet our needs and more.

Time to explore the android world guys!

Of course I am a little prejudiced, since I bought my wife the TF300T...but...

I don't think that you could have even come close to a better 10.1" Android tablet at the price.

The mix of harware features at the $300 - $350 price point give the most performance with the fewest compromises. 32gb DDR3 ram, a very good, though not "high end" IPS panel, Tegra 3 processor, full array of ports, "pure" android OS (Jellybean, now) which ASUS is fairly quick to update (much more so than Samsung with its "touchwiz" overlay) makes this the best-balanced 10.1" Android tablet short of anything priced less than $499.

Of course, the "state of the art" will constantly change, but for a moderately-priced tablet, you would have been hard-pressed to do better.
--
Deeds, not words

stevennb
Ok, But, Thats The Last Straw.
Premium
join:2001-05-08
Wayne, NJ
reply to alkizmo

I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. I think the screen looks gorgeous. Decent battery life as well. Mine is the 8 gig version but i put in a 32 gig sd card. Also Samsung recently pushed out the jelly bean update for it. So far so good.
--
"They moved my desk 4 times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels and they were married, but then they moved my desk and they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler.

alkizmo

Pierrefonds, QC
reply to PeteC2

said by PeteC2:

I don't think that you could have even come close to a better 10.1" Android tablet at the price.

I didn't want to dismiss any possibility when I wrote my message, but I truely believe I can't find something better for the price.
There's also the fact that I was able to buy it locally in a store that accepted all the gift cards I had. These gift cards would have been otherwise wasted as I buy things from BB maybe once every 2-3 years and the shopping mall gift cards were about to expire (So I'd have to buy clothes I don't really need).

After a day of fiddling around with it, I'm quite pleased. Not just with the device, but with Android and the Google Play market.

I was pleasantly surprised to find out I could launch the download/installation of an application from my computer while my son was playing on the tablet. That means I can refill it with new games while he is in China

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
reply to alkizmo

in case anyone else is in the market icemonkey.com has a ton of tablets
--
* seek help if having trouble coping
--Standard disclaimers apply.--

Lone Wolf
Almost Retired
Premium
join:2001-12-30
USA
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to alkizmo

The original Galaxy tab 7" was great for watching movies and playing games.

But now I have the best resolution available in a tablet IMHO with the Nexus 10.

2560 X 1504. All I can say is wow, great screen!