Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

marlz827

join:2013-01-06
Astoria, NY
reply to marlz827

Re: [Speed] RCN Astoria NY Speeds bad past 5pm

It just upsets me that they wont give a answer and just keep billing me for 50 mbps , my cell phone is faster then my cable modem

Neiljoshua

join:2012-08-20
Astoria, NY

3 edits
Did he try at least with another cable modem?
I had a bad experience when they came to swap the Moca Adapter. The Tech didn't have a clue that he was supposed to replace the moca adapter. And Whenever I call customer service they always say that it seems that all is working well from their end.
I had my VOD problem resolved because of RCNCARES.

I did another test tonight and I got this:

Max Download Speed: 100Mbps
Max Upload Speed: 3427.07Mbps

Encoded Mac: 0da356710e0287693ba52084071147c656fba1bd
Modem Mac: [--------------------]

Downstream Limit: 53000000
Return Frequency: 30700000
Upstream Limit: 6300000
Forward Frequency: 687000000
Forward Modulation: qam256(4)
Ret Channel Width: 6.4Mhz

This is only a download speed, but I got this weird result. I wish I had those speeds and not this DSL phone line speeds.

I also noticed that any time that I go to rn.com, it always loads the DC rcn site, and not the NY rcn site.

My office has Time warner. The internet browser in the office always opens the NY RCN site.

This speeds are super slow. I can't use Netflix or Hulu plus on my apple tv. Even the economist app on my iPhone is taking for ever to download the audio part.

I wouldn't mind at least getting 20mbps download, but 2 mbps download speeds are not acceptable.

I hope RCN could fix this problem soon.

beepinghit

@rcn.com
said by Neiljoshua:

Did he try at least with another cable modem?
I had a bad experience when they came to swap the Moca Adapter. The Tech didn't have a clue that he was supposed to replace the moca adapter. And Whenever I call customer service they always say that it seems that all is working well from their end.
I had my VOD problem resolved because of RCNCARES.

I did another test tonight and I got this:

Max Download Speed: 100Mbps
Max Upload Speed: 3427.07Mbps

Encoded Mac: 0da356710e0287693ba52084071147c656fba1bd
Modem Mac: [--------------------]

Downstream Limit: 53000000
Return Frequency: 30700000
Upstream Limit: 6300000
Forward Frequency: 687000000
Forward Modulation: qam256(4)
Ret Channel Width: 6.4Mhz

This is only a download speed, but I got this weird result. I wish I had those speeds and not this DSL phone line speeds.

I also noticed that any time that I go to rn.com, it always loads the DC rcn site, and not the NY rcn site.

My office has Time warner. The internet browser in the office always opens the NY RCN site.

This speeds are super slow. I can't use Netflix or Hulu plus on my apple tv. Even the economist app on my iPhone is taking for ever to download the audio part.

I wouldn't mind at least getting 20mbps download, but 2 mbps download speeds are not acceptable.

I hope RCN could fix this problem soon.

If u get the dc site and want the NYC site ...go to upper left of webpage and select your city. Or just go to www.rcn.com/ny