uniqs

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to Cptbeatstix

to Cptbeatstix

Re: Tank reforging.

You know Cptbeatstix, you constantly talk about having multiple tank toons however you ask some pretty dumb questions. What I take away from this particular dumb question is that you think as a tank that raids, that there is one set of gear you use as a tank. It's not one or the other, control, avoidance, hit, stam. you should have multiple extra pieces of gear to swap in on a per fight basis.
Cptbeatstix
join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix

This would be true if I was in a progression raiding guild. Having multiple pieces of gear to swap on a per fight basis to me doesn't make too much sense. It's all on how you handle your cooldowns. I use one set of gear. Always have, even when I was doing progression back in BC and wrath on my paladin. You don't have to carry different pieces for tanking and it most certainly doesn't make you a bad tank for doing that. Leave it to you to turn a simple question on what OTHERS prefer into why I'm "dumb" for asking it. I never claimed to be a great tank. Funny though you do this, but rarely play the game.

Tweakbl
join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV

Tweakbl

My Warrior. Effectively using CD's helps mitigate the damage where my Avoidance stats are a little lax.

Reforge to Hit and Expertise 7.5% or as close as you can.

Stam is still king, but Mr. Robot will throw a curve ball with Gems.

Mastery is a huge benefit also. Do not avoid it. IMO

BTW my tank sits and 465 ilvl or so. Its my off build. And I do tank Heroes from time to time but do not Raid Tank. Doing the WOW community a Favor due to ISP limitations. Now my DPS is another matter altogether.
Tweakbl

Tweakbl

Realize also you do not need to run at Exactly 7.5% Hit or Exp. Either. And Heroic Bosses are what...lvl 92? and Raid bosses are 93?
So knowing the content lvl's to cap you need is somewhat important. Although I am sure you knew that.

Currently my Warrior is at 6.93% Hit and 7.59% Exp.
This gives a 0.57% chance to miss a lvl 93 boss.
This is also going by Mr.Robot as much as I could at the moment.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to Cptbeatstix

to Cptbeatstix
said by Cptbeatstix:

Having multiple pieces of gear to swap on a per fight basis to me doesn't make too much sense.

Derp. Okay.
said by Cptbeatstix:

I use one set of gear. Always have, even when I was doing progression back in BC and wrath on my paladin.

You weren't progressing as a tank on your paladin in BC. You likely tanking Mag T and Gruul and only as an OT. Gearing a paladin tank in BC was extremely hard as there were very few plate pieces that everything pallies needed.

You were taking more damage on certain fights than what you should've been. You mean you didn't have Frost resist gear in Naxx that you swapped in for the last couple bosses? Yeah, you're bad.
said by Cptbeatstix:

You don't have to carry different pieces for tanking and it most certainly doesn't make you a bad tank for doing that.

It makes you a casual player, well not even casual just oblivious. For you to think that one set of gear is the only requirement for you as a tank is just ignorant. Where have you read about the magical one set to rule them all (encounters)? I need me that set!

Tweakbl
join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV

Tweakbl

Maybe so in BC or Wrath but what about now?

I do not see or rather have not heard of any need to swap gear on boss fights in Cata or MOP. Get the Hit and Exp up to 7.5% and then dump to dodge and parry.

They simplified Tanking so much, lets face it Tanks in Randies is still a long que to wait as a DPS. So why would they make it like a Druid and need 2 sets in this content?

Granted, I am speaking from a warriors perspective, but I see no difference in Paladins Tanks sets and that of a Warriors.

I am a Casual "Hardcore". Casual in the sense I do not really Raid. Hardcore in the sense I have over 255 days on my main and several Achieves. :-P