Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1
reply to trparky

Re: You know...

I did exactly that, I went to prepaid, both to save money and because Verizon phones get extremely slow updates and bad battery life and as long as their phones have to have CDMA and LTE on at all times, for voice their battery life will in general not be as good as GSM carriers.

For myself I can't complain about coverage it's better than anything around here , I won't even consider Verizon until they release LTE only phones with newer chipsets and VoLTE.
But even then I don't think I'll want to start paying double for my wireless plan again.

AT&T's coverage is pretty much the same as Verizon's around here, except we have no LTE and T-mobile's coverage while not as comprehensive is very good.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
said by MovieLover76:

For myself I can't complain about coverage it's better than anything around here , I won't even consider Verizon until they release LTE only phones with newer chipsets and VoLTE. But even then I don't think I'll want to start paying double for my wireless plan again.

A LTE only phone would mean you couldn't call anyone as calls currently go over 1X. You know you can always turn of the 4G.

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1

1 edit
That's what VoLTE is for, Voice over LTE.
It will slowly replace the older cdma network, and Verizon's timetable to deploy it is sometime in 2014. I don't plan on going back to Verizon any time soon, I did state until they release, which implies in the future. not the current state.

LTE only phones will eventually come to Verizon, that's why they are covering 100% of their 3G footprint with LTE, becuase CDMA and LTE together is really a cobbed together mess technically.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
said by MovieLover76:

That's what VoLTE is for, Voice over LTE.
It will slowly replace the older cdma network, and Verizon's timetable to deploy it is sometime in 2014. I don't plan on going back to Verizon any time soon, I did state until they release, which implies in the future. not the current state.

LTE only phones will eventually come to Verizon, that's why they are covering 100% of their 3G footprint with LTE, becuase CDMA and LTE together is really a cobbed together mess technically.

Verizon has stated they will refarm their 1X and 3G for LTE by 2021. Now could they do it sooner sure. If not I guess Verizon will see you in 8 years.