join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to capdjq

Re: [Hockey] Official 2013 Vancouver Canucks Thread

And the goalie "controversy" continues...

I somehow doubt that anyone will take Luongo's contract, especially that Vancouver thinks they can get top quality players in return...

I wonder if they'll be forced to trade Schneider if Luongo can't be moved.
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1
reply to Thingamajig

Re: Vigneault playing games again

quote:
Seems to be a team theme. Not one of them seems to elevate their game when something important is on the line. No one stands up to rough house shenanigans. Big games.
That's exactly my view,maybe Kassian will change that as he seems to be picking up on the way the games are going,

Winning against a depleted Colorado team is definitely not any sign of success..........Sedins no pts in 3 straight games and they look brutal out there.
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

Thingamajig
Premium
join:2004-11-03
B.C.
reply to HiVolt

Re: [Hockey] Official 2013 Vancouver Canucks Thread

said by HiVolt:

And the goalie "controversy" continues...

I don't see this as a problem. If anything its the other teams who should be anxious. What does it do in their dressing rooms not knowing which goalie they will be facing? They need to know both goalies strengths & weaknessess now. I think its a positive for the 'Nucks, more so in this abbreviated season.

Goofiest issue here is these Canuck fans and media who think Kesler is going to come back & be the golden child to lead them to the cup. He's so far away from playing anything meaningful it won't be until the playoffs ...if he is even capable then.

...and the Booth BS. I'd take Raymond over Booth anyday. Both have oodles of potential. Neither can harness it.
--
Some hero's wear capes, mine wear combat boots.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by Thingamajig:

I don't see this as a problem. If anything its the other teams who should be anxious. What does it do in their dressing rooms not knowing which goalie they will be facing? They need to know both goalies strengths & weaknessess now. I think its a positive for the 'Nucks, more so in this abbreviated season.

Goofiest issue here is these Canuck fans and media who think Kesler is going to come back & be the golden child to lead them to the cup. He's so far away from playing anything meaningful it won't be until the playoffs ...if he is even capable then.

...and the Booth BS. I'd take Raymond over Booth anyday. Both have oodles of potential. Neither can harness it.

Yeah, but it sucks for his own teammates that he asked for a trade... He would have been long gone, had it not been for the contract length.

Although if he plays well, that will not be an issue, until he chokes in the playoffs again...
--

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

quote:
Although if he plays well, that will not be an issue, until he chokes in the playoffs again..
He won't be playing in the playoffs.........at least not for the Canucks.

--

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

Don't be surprised... Remember injuries happen, and if Schneider plays bad, and Luongo plays well in regular season....
--

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Kessel for Luongo.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Kessel for Luongo.

LOL...

Though I have a feeling they will trade Kessel if he wont sign an extension. He's been a pretty decent player for the Leafs, 30G+ each year and points improving each year, but with all the crap said about him since he was traded for what became Tyler Seguin, surely will weigh on his decision.
--

Thingamajig
Premium
B.C.
reply to ZZZZZZZ

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Kessel for Luongo.

I can see that being advantageous to both the teams & the players involved.
--

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

said by Thingamajig:

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Kessel for Luongo.

I can see that being advantageous to both the teams & the players involved.

no thanks...Kessel and Phaneuf's contract are both done at the end of next year...Luongo still has something like 8 years left, and is a large $$$ hit too.

Thingamajig
Premium
B.C.

Lou's is just over 5m per season. Best guesstimate is he'd play for another five tops. Kessel is a UFA after the next 40 games. Assets & liabilities on both sides.
--

FaxCap

join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

Schneider for Lucic straight up. Schneids is a Massachusetts boy and
Lucic is a Vancouver boy. Homecoming week!

FaxCap

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico

said by FaxCap:

said by HiVolt:

Schneider for Lucic straight up. Schneids is a Massachusetts boy and
Lucic is a Vancouver boy. Homecoming week!

FaxCap

Schneider is better than Rask? I don't think so. Schneider would be an easier trade to make because he doesn't come with the baggage of a terrible contract, but he's not that valuable as he's not that tested in the league. He's a backup who's played a little under half of two regular seasons, that's it. I worry he's a Brian Elliott type: great backup, but folds under the pressure of playing all the time and being the starter. That's not a knock on either one of them, but Elliott plays much better when he's not expected to play and win every night (see his turnaround after a horrible season in Ottawa/Colorado to the stellar play last year that got him an ASG slot).

A team would have a better shot at getting Marchand than Lucic right now; Milan's not going anywhere unless there is something really tasty going the other way, and Schneider isn't it.
--
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

1 recommendation

reply to Thingamajig

said by Thingamajig:

Lou's is just over 5m per season. Best guesstimate is he'd play for another five tops. Kessel is a UFA after the next 40 games. Assets & liabilities on both sides.

Kessel has one more year after this current season, then is a UFA...no liability at all...Lou's long term contract is a liability, and why there were no real offers for him...that contract makes him untradeable (call it the Wade Redden effect).
--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell

Thingamajig
Premium
B.C.
reply to Thingamajig

Lou gets the start in Chicago too! *fireworks*
»www.vancouversun.com/sports/hock···ory.html
--

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Ok,something weird is going on?

FaxCap

Surrey, BC
reply to Styvas

Yup....something's up.

FaxCap

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON
reply to Styvas

Great first period against Chicago! Luo's been sharp with some help from the post.

Thingamajig
Premium
B.C.
reply to Styvas

Yup! Attribute the win to Lou.
WTF is with these guys in the 3rd period with a small lead? They drive me crazzzeeee!
Great to see Schroeder out for the shoot out. Then he scores!! Woo-hoo! Happy for him.

The Sedin vacation continues...
--

Robert
Premium
join:2002-03-11
St John'S, NL
reply to Styvas

Okay game, hawks continue to be anaemic on the score sheet. The ref was too quick on the whistle (1st period?). That should have made it 1-1.
--
It's one thing to listen to an idiot talk. As soon as you respond, there are now 2 idiots having a conversation.

vue666
I love Lanny Barbie
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS

Hawks lost....that breaks my heart.... LOL

FaxCap

Surrey, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to Styvas

Fun game to watch with the "history" behind these two teams.
Luongo was on top of his game. I said the other day here I wished
Schroeder would get a chance in the SO.....glad AV was listening.

FaxCap

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

1 edit

It was a pretty good game but not the usual Hawks game.

Luongo looked good at times ,except on the own goal that the whistle blew early and Kane's where he's doing his belly flop.

Is it me or do the Sedins look old and predictable this year?

They do the same schtick every play,they come in past the blue line,do a pirouette and then look for each other,instead of shooting.

They were in the slot at least 5 times and looked for a pass instead of shooting............they gave the puck away more than our D-men.

And as for our supposed defence.............Bieksa has regressed and Ballard is just a pain to watch.

The last 2 minutes in the game was the first time I've actually seen a Canuck D-man go down to block a shot...............unreal.
--

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
Hamilton, ON

I didn't think that puck made it over the line, but since it wasn't being reviewed they didn't spend a lot of time viewing the different angles.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

I'm talking about the goal Garrison scored that Luongo totally blew,while on his belly and the puck slid under his pad............but the ref had blown the whistle.
--

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
Hamilton, ON

First period? I thought it was swept away before it crossed. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong play. I couldn't watch the third period.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

No it was in the 3rd,before Kane scored.

Garrison was trying to push the puck to Luongo and it just went right through him and under his pad into the net..........!
--

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

And what the hell is the problem with this team not having any bodies in front of the net,ever?

Raymond was 20 ft away when Crawford let a puck dribble by him in front of the net,and he was the closest player............do they actually expect to win anything with this system?

They may win the division again by default,because the other teams are either injury riddled or playing worse...........but they aren't going very far,after.

I can't see how the coaches can't see that they need bodies in front and they have to shoot more..........drives me nuts.
--

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
Hamilton, ON

Oh, okay. I didn't see that one.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

Well, at least we have God doing the stopping.

»www.vancouversun.com/health/Vict···ory.html

To be serious. With all the arguments over goal tending lack of scoring should be our concern.