Search similar:

uniqs

FaxCap
join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to Styvas

to Styvas

Re: [Hockey] Official 2013 Vancouver Canucks Thread

Canucks 0 Blue Jackets 0 at the end of regulation and overtime.

Then of all people Lapierre scores a beauty in the shootout!
Schneider stopped every shot....even all 3 in the shootout.
But it was Hamhuis who saved the day making a kick save with a
minute left in the overtime.

Canucks 1 Blue Jackets 0 final

FaxCap

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

That still blows me away that the Sedins are never chosen in the SO..................reminds me of when Crawford didn't pick Gretzky for the SO in the Worlds.

Schneider is looking great.........makes you wonder if there isn't a trade in the wind with Luongo not playing in 5 straight games.

FaxCap
Surrey, BC

FaxCap

said by ZZZZZZZ:

reminds me of when Crawford didn't pick Gretzky for the SO in the Worlds.

But even Gretzky admitted he was bad at penalty shots/shoot outs.

FaxCap

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Its funny how nobody talks fire the coach when the team won a few games now...

I remember it was always like this with Ron Wilson in Toronto...

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Ya but look who they beat.........the bottom feeders.

This team is still going nowhere in the playoffs.

Unless Gillis smartens up and does some wild deals this week,it'll be the same story.

Thingamajig
Premium Member
join:2004-11-03
B.C.

Thingamajig to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

Its funny how nobody talks fire the coach when the team won a few games now...

Its not the coach I have issues with. Gillis is the problem. The press is picking up on it too. Freaking owner is dropping the ball letting this bonehead hang around.
»www.calgaryherald.com/sp ··· ory.html

FaxCap
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to Styvas

to Styvas
I've never really had a problem with AV....just look at his record here
as the Canucks coach. Hard to argue with that.

I'm not as upset with Gillis as some. If people want to give you their
crap players for guys like Luongo then I wouldn't pull the trigger on
deals either.

FaxCap

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by FaxCap:

I'm not as upset with Gillis as some. If people want to give you their
crap players for guys like Luongo then I wouldn't pull the trigger on
deals either.

The problem is, that Gillis is trying to trade Luongo the goalie, and not Luongo's contract. He's gonna have to cut his losses and lower his demands significantly at some point, if he wants Schneider to take over the ship.

If Luongo had 5 years left instead of 10 on his deal, he would have been long gone and the Canucks would have some good players/picks in return.

FaxCap
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to Styvas

to Styvas
I think Luongo has 8 years left.

FaxCap
FaxCap

FaxCap to Styvas

to Styvas
Good to see a Canucks draft choice doing well.

»canucks.nhl.com/club/new ··· d=662026

FaxCap

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal to FaxCap

Mod

to FaxCap
said by FaxCap:

FaxCap

He will be a UFA at the end of the 2021-2022 season, so there are 9 years left on the deal after this season. He's currently 33 years old, so that would mean he's under contract until he's 42 years old.

It's not about the player's ability or the cap hit, it's about how long the contract is. It always has been. Gillis continues to delude himself (and others, apparently) that there is a market for this catastrophic mistake of a contract that he signed. I don't blame Bobby Lou, as anyone who would turn down the kind of money he was offered is a bigger fool than Gillis.

Amnesty buyout to become an unrestricted free agent, signs elsewhere for what will likely be around the same cap hit, but a much shorter contract. And he'll get paid by the Canucks for years to come while earning his living elsewhere.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

Ya but look who they beat.........the bottom feeders.

St. Louis was 2 points up on the Canucks when they played, and LA was even (but had the tiebreaker). Pheonix was 9th and Columbus 11th, both 2 points out of a playoff spot when they lost to Vancouver. Though Phoenix was riding a losing streak. St. Louis, LA and Columbus all had better L10 records than the Canucks when they met too, and Phoneix was only 1 point off of a matching L10 record.

The only team Vancouver has beat in the last 5 games that was considered a bottom team on game day was Colorado.

Thingamajig
Premium Member
B.C.

Thingamajig to Kardinal

Premium Member

to Kardinal
said by Kardinal:

is a bigger fool than Gillis.

Well Mike Milbury is thankfully out of the business leaving the only other active contender currently managing in Calgary. Its a close call, my personal bias leans to Gillis however.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to FaxCap

Premium Member

to FaxCap
I just want Luongo gone............cause contrary to what Gillis says,he is a distraction and this team is stuck in the mud with him still here.

Having him for the playoffs isn't going to help the Canucks move on............but a couple of extra players right now will.

I hate even watching them this year cause they piss me off so much.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to FaxCap

Premium Member

to FaxCap
said by FaxCap:

FaxCap

Technically 9 more seasons after this one. Signed thru 2021-22.

»capgeek.com/player/683

FaxCap
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to Styvas

to Styvas
Hard work and Schneider won 4-1 against Colorado last night.

FaxCap

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Schneider looks more confident every game..........too bad Bieksa plays in front of him.

Instead of blocking the shot that scored,he jumps out of the way blocking Scneider's view............what a great D-Man!!

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs to Styvas

to Styvas
Wow. Schneider out and Bobby in. It is not even 3 mts. Oiler 2-0.
OMG its 3-0.

3 shots and 3 goals.

Styvas
Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

Styvas

Premium Member

I don't want to talk about it.

Thingamajig
Premium Member
B.C.

Thingamajig to Styvas

Premium Member

to Styvas
Ha-ha-ha! First game I've watched in a month. 4 Zip for the Oil @ half way through the first period.
Pathetic. Just bloody pathetic.
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned)

WOW...surprised the Oilers won this game. This was a good opportunity for the Canucks to pass the Wild...

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs to Styvas

to Styvas
I didnt know this.

It was the fastest hat trick in Oiler franchise history, breaking the mark of 12:38 set by Wayne Gretzky on Dec. 17, 1986 against the Quebec Nordiques.

Read more: »www.vancouversun.com/spo ··· P85ioHSv

FaxCap
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to Styvas

to Styvas
It looked like Schneider had been out partying Friday night!

The whole team looked like zombies.

FaxCap

Thingamajig
Premium Member
B.C.

Thingamajig to Styvas

Premium Member

to Styvas
So after last nights debacle I'm rethinking my stand on Lougongo. I say keep him now, as the playoffs are soon going to be a tough haul to achieve for this Gillis team. We don't have a snowballs chance in hell of anything meaningful in the playoffs anymore.

The current management offering "Leaf" style management where the only thing that matters is revenue in the owners pockets. Those heady playoff days are once again behind us for at least another decade. They might as well stick with Lou to be 1st round playoff fodder. We know he can't function in the playoffs but it'll be just selling seats to the gullible that is becoming more important.

Look at the young Oilers. Are the Canucks going to even be competitive against them in the near future? Not likely. No good propects in the minors. Same scouting staff who've managed to do diddly.

Too bad so many have their heads up their arses. These guys are well on their way to bottom feeding. Rejoice Leaf fans, we will have the distinction of taking over your once lowly annual position in the near future.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to FaxCap

Premium Member

to FaxCap
How do you blame Schneider for those 2 goals.........Hall made a great shot on the 1st cause the defence were no where to be found.

And he was screened on the 2nd by the moron D-MEN again who refuse to block a fucking shot............so AV totally over reacts and pulls the guy that just single handed won 6 games in a row for them?

Bench some of the useless d-men.............humiliate the crap out of them..........unbelievable.

This is how bad this team is and they just showed their true colors............again I say they beat the bottom feeders by single goals.

Out in 4 straight games in the 1st round.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

Bench them and you have to give their minutes to someone else on the team. Put them in the press box and you have to have another player to put in their place. Who do the Chicago Wolves have that would be an upgrade to those skating for the Canucks? I know nothing about the Wolves' lineup.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Any of them would be an upgrade to these clowns.........christ how many fuckups is Bieksa allowed..........the guy is out to lunch 10 seconds into the game!!!!

I'm tired of watching this garbage...........I'm going to start rooting for the Leafs. :eek: gasp.
vue666 (banned)

vue666 (banned) to Styvas

to Styvas
Canucks agree to purchase AHL's Peoria Rivermen from Blues...

»blues.nhl.com/club/news. ··· d=662810

»canucks.nhl.com/club/new ··· d=663234

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Just read that,guess it's closer than Chicago,but it still would have better to find one in B.C.

Looks like the Flames didn't want to sell theirs in B.C.

»www.vancouversun.com/spo ··· ory.html
vue666 (banned)

vue666 (banned)

Why not Abbotsford? They are plenty close...