uniqs
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to MovieLover76

to MovieLover76

Re: You know...

said by MovieLover76:

For myself I can't complain about coverage it's better than anything around here , I won't even consider Verizon until they release LTE only phones with newer chipsets and VoLTE. But even then I don't think I'll want to start paying double for my wireless plan again.

A LTE only phone would mean you couldn't call anyone as calls currently go over 1X. You know you can always turn of the 4G.

MovieLover76
join:2009-09-11
Cherry Hill, NJ
(Software) pfSense
Asus RT-AC68
Asus RT-AC66

1 edit

MovieLover76

That's what VoLTE is for, Voice over LTE.
It will slowly replace the older cdma network, and Verizon's timetable to deploy it is sometime in 2014. I don't plan on going back to Verizon any time soon, I did state until they release, which implies in the future. not the current state.

LTE only phones will eventually come to Verizon, that's why they are covering 100% of their 3G footprint with LTE, becuase CDMA and LTE together is really a cobbed together mess technically.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by MovieLover76:

That's what VoLTE is for, Voice over LTE.
It will slowly replace the older cdma network, and Verizon's timetable to deploy it is sometime in 2014. I don't plan on going back to Verizon any time soon, I did state until they release, which implies in the future. not the current state.

LTE only phones will eventually come to Verizon, that's why they are covering 100% of their 3G footprint with LTE, becuase CDMA and LTE together is really a cobbed together mess technically.

Verizon has stated they will refarm their 1X and 3G for LTE by 2021. Now could they do it sooner sure. If not I guess Verizon will see you in 8 years.