All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
robertf390
join:2011-04-16
Nesconset, NY

robertf390 to matcarl

to matcarl

Re: [HD] Maybe this means more HD will follow...

I'm wondering where TV Guide HD is for us too Mat - I spoke to a CSR about another issue and she had no clue saying she has had it for some time. As I said in a previous post, the delays with these new HD launches is getting longer each time.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by robertf390:

As I said in a previous post, the delays with these new HD launches is getting longer each time.

Yeah it seems to be worst in VHO7. I remember last July when VHO5 got WLNY-HD (ch 510). VHO7 didn't get it until November.

nascar
join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ

nascar

said by ansky:

said by robertf390:

As I said in a previous post, the delays with these new HD launches is getting longer each time.

Yeah it seems to be worst in VHO7. I remember last July when VHO5 got WLNY-HD (ch 510). VHO7 didn't get it until November.

I think we have the most "must carry" consuming valuable bandwidth. So they probably have to groom and re-groom allocations.
robertf390
join:2011-04-16
Nesconset, NY

robertf390

I don't know Nascar - as for the TV Guide HD add, they just dumped MAV HD so they could easily have used that QAM slot.

Your theory probably does apply to local adds like WLNG but not in this particular instance - some VHO's have had TV Guide HD available for more than a month now. Also, Verizon had originally told us the MSG2+ channel would be added by end of 2012 and still nothing so they had that original reserved spot available for WLNY if they wanted.

Plus VHO 7 has the issue with Philadelphia / NY coverage - I'm in VHO 5 (NY) and we don't have that problem - we just have the continued slow roll-outs of new HD's.
Expand your moderator at work
FiosTV1080I
join:2010-09-06
united state

FiosTV1080I to robertf390

to robertf390

Re: [HD] Maybe this means more HD will follow...

I wrote to TV guide network about HD channel for VHO 5 NY -they said by March 1st at the latest.

Webcobbler
@verizon.net

Webcobbler

Anon

FiosTV1080I,

Thanks for doing that.

Do you think the same applies for VHO7 ? March 1st at the latest?