Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to Ghastlyone

Re: What's Your Top Pick for PC Game of 2012?

I really enjoyed and put in a -lot- of hours into Skyrim, but ultimately did not finish it and got bored because there's too much side-content that makes the game very unbalanced after a while.

I had a blast going around, discovering everything, doing some side-quests, taking over the thieves and assassins, killing kings, etc. for a long time and neglected the main plot for a while. But then I just got too powerful. To the point where I could assassinate anything in one shot with the crappiest, tiniest dagger without even trying to hide or sneak properly. Hell, last time a -dragon- tried to attack me, I one shot it into oblivion like it was just another rat.
And it sucks because the beginning was the complete opposite. I had to avoid a lot of enemies, had to sneak very careful in darkness and behind people, being careful where I step, who sees me killing, etc. But the progression goes up too quick, and once you start hitting high levels for a skill, it becomes too godlike.

Maybe the class I created was a bit too OP and I'll try a straight warrior or mage next time and it'll be more challenging... but a thief/assassin with max backstabbing, sneaking and dagger abilities, I can kill gods without breaking a sweat. :\

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5

Did you try to increase the difficulty? There is a slider that you can adjust on the spot in order to keep the game somewhat challenging. I also read that the dragonborn DLC adds the most difficult NPC in the game (lvl 81 I believe).

Ghastly- Let me know if you need help with it when you get it.
--
Goggalor: "Freedom of speech is not freedom of asshattery."

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine

Yeah, I tried playing around with the game difficulty. I still find it horribly hard in the beginning, and then horrible easy towards the end.

Didn't try the DLCs though. I suppose I will, next time I get back to it. Too flooded with new games from the last Steam sale for now though.