spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ISurfTooMuch
join:2007-04-23
Tuscaloosa, AL

ISurfTooMuch

What's the point?

OK, so, in order to get this, you have to sub to TW cable, and it will only work via your TW Internet IP, which means that you can only get the channels you already sub to, and you can only get them in the house where your cable is connected, which is the very place where you already have access to these channels. Not only that, but I'm sure it's a safe bet that this service will count against your data cap, which means you aren't going to want to use this as a full-time cable box replacement.

So what is the point of this?
emp41112
join:2004-12-10
Cincinnati, OH

emp41112

The point for me is I can watch HD cable now. I have just basic cable, but the TWC app has the channels in HD. So now I can get HD cable without renting a box from TWC. I love this idea
pepsiaddict
join:2007-10-31
Rochester, NY

pepsiaddict to ISurfTooMuch

to ISurfTooMuch
For TVs where the usage of TW TV is such that it doesnt make sense to rent a cable box.

My example ... our bedroom TV has a Roku box primarily to access my Plex media server in the house and occasionally Netflix. It would be nice to have access to cable TV in the room too, but not enough to justify a box rental. This solves that ... and its actually part of the reason I bought into Roku boxes for media streaming after last years rumors about this happening.