how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1
reply to 88615298

Re: We've had Verizon LTE for awhile in Tucson but...

It's actually true, their are actually materials that will literally block all wireless communications, while those aren't used in construction often, their are some that are fairly good at it like brick.
I live in a brick apartment building and all of the major carriers provide 4 or 5 bars outside my apartment and 0 - 2, occasionally 3 inside, all my friends bitch about the signal in my apartment. Using Lower frequencies like Verizon does will help, but it can't magically work it's way through every material. I actually just purchased a repeater to put in the window to fix the issue.

If you live in a fringe area, they probably should put a new tower in there somewhere though. In general I would recommend against signing a contract with a carrier who tells you your in a fringe area, many times your can get out of a contract if it's discovered later.

It isn't magic, but it is science and most electromagnetic waves can be blocked by some materials and they can't change that fact.

JBT

join:2002-12-06
Tucson, AZ
Reviews:
·Comcast

I suppose it could be the sheet of glass and the 700ft of air between me and the tower causing the issue. Unfortunately when I go out on to our 4th floor patio to remove the glass barrier I still have the issue.
It has been worse all through out the city in my experience either way.

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1

I wasn't said your particular issue was related to building materials, simply that the comment that building materials can cause attenuation is true, it can be the cause of signal issues.
Not that it always is, equipment on towers can be the issue, poor coverage can be the issue, etc.