uniqs
share rss forum feed

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
reply to Cho Baka

Re: Stock vs Cross Drilled or Slotted Brake Rotors

Nope he isn't but that is not what I replied to.... He was wondering why other cars have their high beams on more often than before.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1

But what about a lighted highway I often wonder how people can drive with the turn signal on for miles.. I don't know if it's just me but stuff like would drive me nuts.

Or 2 weeks ago it was around 6 Pm or so, and already dark.. this Honda suv gets in front of me.. just had no lights on at all.. but everyone else did.. How can you be in near stop & go traffic (20 MPH) and not notice your head lights are not on reflecting off the car in front of you? I guess they noticed soon after then turned them on.
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

LG is NOT Lifes Good It's Lucky Goldstar!

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County

Can be many reason for a lighted highway. Many people forget they have the high beams on and a lighted highway makes it less obvious from the drivers seat.

Rarely have I ever left a turn signal - usually when my mind was elsewhere and I did not hear the click.

I know folks who think that as long as they can see other cars - they are good. No lights on are a pet peeve of mine and it happens a lot. As far as I am concerned - the headlights should be on 100% of the time and it should be done via programming in the car.

When I had my first 2 Subaru's - I left my lights on all of the time and when the car was turned off - the lights went of automatically. Never needed to run them off via the stalk.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

I was thinking maybe they were running the hibeams because both low beams are blown out? lol hopefully one would be that stupid and cheap to do that..

Driving without lights I call them people that want to have a insurance claim.. no reason.. how can you see your speed??

yeah the Subarus are nice that the headlights turn off with the car but you get people that hit the parking light switch all the time wondering why the parking lights wont go off :P

but now getting back onto brakes haha I've heard cross drilled rotors could crack if under too much stress? And slotted rotors tend to wear on the pads more on and off the brakes?
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

LG is NOT Lifes Good It's Lucky Goldstar!

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County

I have heard the same thing about drilled rotors and it makes sense since the rotor gets weakened when you take away metal.

It works for racing since you don't generally reuse rotors and pads..
--
Brian

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

Yeah, I wonder what would happen if say one had a stuck caliper..

ke4pym
Premium
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·ooma
·Verizon Broadban..
·Northland Cable ..
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Subaru

said by Subaru:

but now getting back onto brakes haha I've heard cross drilled rotors could crack if under too much stress? And slotted rotors tend to wear on the pads more on and off the brakes?

Can't speak to cross drilled. But I didn't have a wear issue on the slotted rotors when I had my VW.

Brembo slotted and Green Stuff brake pads. The front pads had 40k miles on them when I sold the car and they looked like they could go another 30k.