spc
uniqs

Wampler
@verizon.net

Wampler to XCOM

Anon

to XCOM

Re: [Equipment] recommended ATA to use existing telephone equipm

I just asked my IT person at work and she said Grandstream is one of the big ones for equipment. They look pretty good and seem to have a lot of different gear for different needs, why don't you like them? and what do you use? Do you use the Obi ones?

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX
(Software) pfSense
MikroTik CRS125-24G-1S-RM

XCOM

Premium Member

Grandstream on of the big ones for equipment?
They are smoking crack!

I have many reasons.... I use Polycom.
And I don't use Obi for voice ether.... I only use an Obi110 on my alarm system that goes directly to my PBX and to my GSM gateway.
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart to Wampler

to Wampler
said by Wampler :

I just asked my IT person at work and she said Grandstream is one of the big ones for equipment. They look pretty good and seem to have a lot of different gear for different needs, why don't you like them? and what do you use? Do you use the Obi ones?

I don't dislike Grandstream; their equipment is reliable, reasonably well supported and inexpensive. If I wanted to connect 20 legacy phones to a new IP PBX, I'd probably choose Grandstream.

However, their low-end boxes basically connect one phone to one provider, or two phones, each to its own account at the same or different providers. Given that you stated a requirement of two providers and use of existing phone "equipment", which implied that you have more than one phone, I recommended Obihai to provide features that I thought would be useful.

I personally avoid ATAs and spend a little more for decent IP phones. However, I do own an OBi110, which is used to interface IP phones to a pseudo-POTS line (triple play from ISP). Also have an SPA3102, connecting the system to a real POTS line, and have an old SPA2102 for the alarm system and occasional faxing.
lilarry
Premium Member
join:2010-04-06

lilarry to XCOM

Premium Member

to XCOM
said by XCOM:

I agree with Stuart I wouldn't recommend it.... Grandstream is junk.

To each his own. All I can report is that we use them nearly exclusively and have had nothing but excellent experiences.
said by XCOM:

I use Polycom.

For what it's worth, our customers who have switched from Polycom to Grandstream are happier. Just sayin'...