Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dome1218

@rr.com
reply to Dome1218

Re: Question about fios

Click for full size
Alright guys the fios guys were on my block again they actually installed that big white box there. Does that mean I'm getting closer to being able to order it? Its so close I can taste it someone let me know if this means its getting closer to me ordering fios???

PoloDude
Premium,VIP
join:2006-03-29
Northport, NY
kudos:3

It is still going to be afew weeks. But your getting closer!

Rattler

join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA
reply to dome1218

said by dome1218 :

Alright guys the fios guys were on my block again they actually installed that big white box there. Does that mean I'm getting closer to being able to order it? Its so close I can taste it someone let me know if this means its getting closer to me ordering fios???

It took about a month and a half after they put that terminal box on a pole near me for FiOS to become available in my area. From the looks of your photo, they have not yet made the distribution connections to the nodes (or whatever they are called) that individual customers are connected to.

After they had the large box and main fiber cables run in my area, it took them about another two weeks to splice and install the smaller cable bundles to the connection nodes on the poles. They were working in a tent, under that box, for a while doing the final splices. Then it was a few more weeks before they lit it all up.
--
Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. -- Red Buttons