join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

1 edit

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

[Signals] Loss of upstream channel bonding

Click for full size
Click for full size
I was noticing some cutting out on the music choice channels this morning (as I listen to them in the overnight) but then I checked the modem later this afternoon and I noticed that I had lost upstream channel bonding. This is in Springfield MA. The modem is an Arris CM 820. I have the 50/10 speed tier. I am wondering if this is a sign of problems to come. I also noticed a higher than normal amount of uncorrectable codewords.

Western Mass Electric tree contractors were out trimming the trees around the lines and the overhead cables next door go underground and feeds the pedestal that feeds my cable. I am wondering if they could have damaged the lines.

Update: Truck roll scheduled. Comcast CS could see the issue. I am wondering what the tech should look for.

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

gar187er

upstream signal to noise i would suspect

owlyn
MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA

owlyn to IowaCowboy

MVM

to IowaCowboy
The level on your one US channel looks great, so I don't suspect anything related to the signal level. Have you tried rebooting the modem? That has worked for me when US bonding drops and doesn't come back on its own.

Deee
@comcast.net

Deee to IowaCowboy

Anon

to IowaCowboy
T3s & T4 certainly point to plant issues.
If they were doing tree maint in the area, could very well have messed up your drop, could be as simple as a loose connector.
If your problem persists I'd certainly call in a ticket.

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG to owlyn

Premium Member

to owlyn
said by owlyn:

The level on your one US channel looks great, so I don't suspect anything related to the signal level.

What about the uSNR as gar187er See Profile stated. This can't be read at the modem and may be an issue regardless of the forward signal stats.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog to Deee

MVM

to Deee
said by Deee :

T3s & T4 certainly point to plant issues.
If they were doing tree maint in the area, could very well have messed up your drop, could be as simple as a loose connector.
If your problem persists I'd certainly call in a ticket.

But I wonder how that call would go? I imagine it would be very frustrating to go through the rigamarole to clear cookies, plug directly into CM, etc. But if IowaCowboy See Profile has the patience for it, it might work. Although I wonder if they will see it as a "problem", given the upstream power is ok. But if the uSNR is bad, they could see that and potentially roll a truck I s'pose.

owlyn
MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
Netgear CM2050V
Netgear RBRE960
Netgear RBSE960

owlyn to EG

MVM

to EG
said by EG:

said by owlyn:

The level on your one US channel looks great, so I don't suspect anything related to the signal level.

What about the uSNR as gar187er See Profile stated. This can't be read at the modem and may be an issue regardless of the forward signal stats.

Did you try rebooting the modem?

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG

Premium Member

said by owlyn:

said by EG:

said by owlyn:

Did you try rebooting the modem?

Did I ? No I can't....
Moffetts
join:2005-05-09
San Mateo, CA

Moffetts

said by EG:

Did I ? No I can't....

I'll meet you over at Iowa's house to help you break in so you can reset the modem.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Just had the tech over, DOCSIS test failed at the tap. They are going to have to run some more tests in the morning outside as the techs meter died.