join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing

Re: [Official] Tera Online Thread

said by TheThing:

founders can play the game free until January 16th

then the game will not be free to play again until February 1 from my understanding.

Makes total sense. What are these people....retarded?

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

TheThing

LOL

yeah, 7 days were added to my account

then I can't play for 2 weeks... I don't get it, I guess it's considered a temporary HEAD START or something

What Tera does better than GW2 IMO:
- Seemless Open world, no portals between zones
- No Waypoints like GW2
- Land Mounts (I think I prefer this over waypoints for immersion reasons, NO FLYING MOUNTS)
- The BEST Brokerage/Auction House/Trade Post of any MMO ever. Listing items is SUPER fast, not glitchy, great
- Automatically configured for FPS playstyle

What GW2 does better:
- Graphics
- Open world in general
- Zone Immersion and relevance
- No rooted combat

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

They should take GW2 and Mix it with Tera and give us...THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE!

TheThing

TheThing

now that I think about it... GW2 doing waypoints supports their portals between zones mechanic

you can't fly from zone 1 to 2 in GW2, because you have to go thru the portals

then again in Tera the flying horses that take you to far away zones enter worm holes or some shit

WoW flight paths are still the best for immersion for getting from point A to point B quikcly

Packeteers
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100
(Software) Asuswrt-Merlin

Packeteers

Premium Member

Tera has direct to town/city scrolls for every major place on the map
that "only" cost 1g each, which isn't much by the time you are lvl.60
in February Elites will get an "Atlas" which will allow them to fly any
platform on the map... that takes longer than scrolls, but is cheaper.

i agree letting you play till the 16th, then not again till February was
totally retarded, given that they removed chronoscrolls from game,
otherwise you could have farmed gold to extend your time in game.
they also should have left chronoscrolls working so Founders could
use game gold to become Elites when the update hits next month...

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
said by TheThing:

now that I think about it... GW2 doing waypoints supports their portals between zones mechanic

you can't fly from zone 1 to 2 in GW2, because you have to go thru the portals

then again in Tera the flying horses that take you to far away zones enter worm holes or some shit

WoW flight paths are still the best for immersion for getting from point A to point B quikcly

There is nothing quick about flight paths.

TheThing

TheThing

yeah i know it's not "quick", but it's quicker than going by land mount

IMO there should never be flying mounts, just land mounts and flight points

in GW2 I can instanltly teleport to end game zones

it kind of cheapens the journey of getting access there so easily, and lessens immersion of a complete world

just my opinion

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

I'll update my Client. Not sure if I want to finish my Zerker or level my lancer.

Packeteers
Premium Member
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100

Packeteers

Premium Member

I would finish zerker, then use him as farmer to help fund lancer
once you 60 in t.11/12 quest gear, don't upgrade anything on zerk
but +6 weapon, use gold to make a middle +6 t14 for your lancer.
by that time you can decide if you'd rather use heavy set on zerk,
or XP lancer for the waiting full +6 t.14 outfit you got ready. you
will probably stick with zerk, they are sooo much more fun now.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

I was on for like 10 minutes. Channel chat seems to be happening even at 2 a.m. in the morning. Lots of just blah blah more than anything though. It might take some time to get back into. I found my zerker lacking compared to GW2.

TheThing

TheThing

Yeah transitioning from GW back to Tera is interesting...

I think if players desire true end game progresson Tera would probably be teh way to go tho since GW2 lacks the true gear grind some love

Packeteers
Premium Member
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100

4 edits

Packeteers

Premium Member

the game gear grind in tera is more rewarding than most mmo's as it allows you to not only qualify and survive harder endgame content, but to do said content in smaller raid parties, thus allowing each participant a larger share of the drops, so in the long run the grind pays for itself. to those familiar with the game; when i was 60:150 i had to 8 man NT to survive, and be lucky if i got 100g worth of drops out of it. now at 60:160 i can 3 man NT without any risk at all, and my guaranteed share of the drops is valued at least to 500g - often more tera is less of a grind because it does not require you to craft - as often the most boring grind is securing enough components. while crafted gear is still better than full drop gear, the advantage is only by a few% margin - nothing a non-grind intending player would miss. the tera grind also help encourage more party dungeon play as some instances drop unique near equivilent outfits that may be desireable to different pvE and pvP type players.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

I think I would have to come back as a warrior. I kept trying to dodge last night and couldn't on my beserker lol.

Packeteers
Premium Member
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100

Packeteers

Premium Member

berzerker and lancer have a block and self heal

warriors have a weak block and mostly avoid.

they are very different play modes, so decide carefully.
you might want to play a warrior at level 20 during the
avatar creation stage, so you can decide if it's your taste.

TheThing

TheThing to I AM

to I AM
The double tapping of WASD carries over from GW2

Tried WoW out again after GW2, and found myself trying to dodge as well lol

we are spoiled!

My Tera progresssion will be Slayer(52) finish to 60, then zerker

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM to Packeteers

Premium Member

to Packeteers
Yeah I had a max warrior in beta back in the day to 36. It was different. If anything the most unique tanking mechanic in any mmo out there.

I saw there was changes to warrior tanking. Did they make it easier? I remember the warrior dps was lacking in PvP and that is why I went bezerker when the game launched.

My Bezerker is at 52 as well Thing.

Packeteers
Premium Member
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100

Packeteers

Premium Member

is it easier for a warrior to tank - hell no. if you want an easy tank, play lancer(who can pull and hold aggro) or berzerker(who only holds aggro till someone else crits).

only a skilled player warrior can also tank - the warrior update made that possible... before all a warrior could do was avoid and dps. the problem with a warrior playing the tank roll is he can no longer dps much, because as the primary aggro he can't get behind the bam in order to crit reliably.

so under geared player still prefer a lancer, high geared players may prefer a warrior since the warrior can avoid/dps and not tank at all, since other high critting dps will keep pulling aggro off the tank anyway.

this is sort of like how low geared players like priests (where they need more heals), while high geared players like mystics (less heals needed, so they prefer the higher crits and crowd control a mystic makes possible).

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

They took all my character names!!!!

Packeteers
Premium Member
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100

Packeteers

Premium Member

you probably have a rename scroll in your game mail. when the servers merged back in november, higher level actives got priority over lower level dorment players - it's just tough luck, sorry. i even lost a name i took in prelaunch because i only got it to level 13, while someone on another server months later took that same name to 60. the best way to find out if a name is still taken is to use character creation and try each name you want on a new level 0, then delete that character and the name will be released for use within a minute, and you can then get it through your rename scroll on the higher level avatar you wanted it for. i'm not sure how the rename scroll resets if the names you try are already taken, but i guess you could try it that way too - i just don't like to risk it as i like trying a lot of different names to see which are still free, then pick amoung them. if you use the rename scroll, the moment you try a name that's free you are now stuck with it.