uniqs
Ree
join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0

Ree to RLBL

to RLBL

Re: Why Do you stay?

said by RLBL:

I always fear threatening to leave in hopes of being forward to retention.. what if they say "sorry to see you go, but don't let the door hit you on the way out" - lol.

I wasn't even a customer when I got the 70% discount, I was still with Teksavvy at the time. I just said something to the effect of "I heard you're offering 70% off Ultimate internet. I'd like to sign up if that's true". The front-line CSR didn't know what I was talking about but transferred me and the second person had me signed up in no time.

So you don't really need to threaten to cancel to get a good deal. Just call to ask what the current offers are (or ask for a specific one if you've heard about one on DSLR).

RLBL
join:2012-11-26
Gloucester, ON

RLBL

said by Ree:

I wasn't even a customer when I got the 70% discount, I was still with Teksavvy at the time. I just said something to the effect of "I heard you're offering 70% off Ultimate internet. I'd like to sign up if that's true". The front-line CSR didn't know what I was talking about but transferred me and the second person had me signed up in no time.

So you don't really need to threaten to cancel to get a good deal. Just call to ask what the current offers are (or ask for a specific one if you've heard about one on DSLR).

That is what I will do... thank you.

I spoke with a rep today and they advised that I call mid-April and see what I can get
Ree
join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0

Ree

said by RLBL:

That is what I will do... thank you.

I spoke with a rep today and they advised that I call mid-April and see what I can get

Depending on the rep you get, you might not have to wait. It's been awhile so I forgot that my original switch from Teksavvy to Rogers was for Extreme+ at 30 or 40% off for 1 year.

Part way through that I heard about the 70% off deals, so called in to switch to that (since I could get Ultimate for less than what I was currently paying for Extreme+!). I fully expected to have to pay a cancellation penalty to break my contract, but they said it wasn't a problem for me to switch over to the new deal penalty free.