join:2012-11-26
Gloucester, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to Ree

Re: Why Do you stay?

said by Ree:

I wasn't even a customer when I got the 70% discount, I was still with Teksavvy at the time. I just said something to the effect of "I heard you're offering 70% off Ultimate internet. I'd like to sign up if that's true". The front-line CSR didn't know what I was talking about but transferred me and the second person had me signed up in no time.

So you don't really need to threaten to cancel to get a good deal. Just call to ask what the current offers are (or ask for a specific one if you've heard about one on DSLR).

That is what I will do... thank you.

I spoke with a rep today and they advised that I call mid-April and see what I can get

Ree

join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by RLBL:

That is what I will do... thank you.

I spoke with a rep today and they advised that I call mid-April and see what I can get

Depending on the rep you get, you might not have to wait. It's been awhile so I forgot that my original switch from Teksavvy to Rogers was for Extreme+ at 30 or 40% off for 1 year.

Part way through that I heard about the 70% off deals, so called in to switch to that (since I could get Ultimate for less than what I was currently paying for Extreme+!). I fully expected to have to pay a cancellation penalty to break my contract, but they said it wasn't a problem for me to switch over to the new deal penalty free.