share rss forum feed
« next big noticeable step
This is a sub-selection from meanwhile at att

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1
reply to Metatron2008

Re: meanwhile at att

I switched from Verizon LTE to T-mobile HSPA+ and I usually get between 6 - 16mbps and I'm only in a HSPA+ 21 area, users in HSPA+ 42 areas frequently see speed over 20mbps.

Even in my case, in real world usage, I never notice the difference, even for the time I had the two running side by side.

The only exception might be for very large downloads, the additional speed would help you there. But I myself connect to wifi when I have a very large download, I did that even with Verizon LTE because I didn't want to waste my precious data allotment.

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2
Verizon 4G LTE was fast when it was first introduced in my area. I'd see speeds upwards of 15 Mbps. Now that more people are using it I barely see 6 Mbps on LTE, most of the time I see only 4 Mbps but even that's a stretch. YouTube plays video with constant buffering, I can't get through a single video without buffering at least four times during playback.

Verizon has been seriously neglecting their network in my area. Worst of it all, they don't seem to care.

Dropped calls, slow data. They don't care.
--
Tom
Boycott AT&T uVerse! | Tom's Android Blog | AOKP (The Android Open Kang Project)

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
Cleveland, OH
I'll be seriously looking at either AT&T or T-Mobile when my contract is up in mid-2013.

Does anyone know how roaming works with T-Mobile and AT&T?

MovieLover76

roaming on AT&T in most areas is not usually needed , because of the size of their network. But in places they lack coverage you can generally roam to another GSM carrier and use is counted just like regular usage on AT&T

T-mobile roams a lot and doesn't have the comprehensive coverage AT&T does, but in some areas coverage can be very good, I use it myself. They have limits on data roaming with vary depending on your plan. Much of T-mobile's roaming is 2G only or throttled to 2G speeds.

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
Cleveland, OH
Does anyone have any accurate coverage maps for Cleveland, Ohio?

MovieLover76

Accurate coverage maps? do they exist ? no coverage map is completely accurate

The site root metrics has fairly good crowd sourced coverage , signal and data speed maps. They aren't 100% but they can give you an idea.

The carrier coverage maps , while far from perfect will give you an idea.