spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Barry
join:2008-11-04
Burlington, ON

Barry

Considering a switch from Cogeco

Seen as Cogeco decided to upgrade all their packages with exception of Ultimate 30, I'm strongly considering switching to you guys and have a few questions:

1) Is there any advantage from buying a modem from you?
2) If I were to go and purchase a modem elsewhere would I have to flash it or could you do so remotely?
3) I contacted Cogeco and since I have other services from them I don't have to give them any advanced notice on cancellation. Would I still have to wait 10 days for a transfer or is this something completely different?
4) Is there anywhere I can see speed test results from other users in Burlington?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Hi and thanks for your interest in our services Barry.

1) We sell new modems at a very competitive price, guaranteed to have the right software and be compatible. Come with 1 year warranty and same day swap out in case of failure.

2) Unfortunately we can't control the firmware update process and cannot initiate such remotely (or locally).

3) Yes the 10 days is still required for us to be able to get the order in and lined up to be treated as a transfer.

4) I'll leave that to the other users, but I'm sure you'll get a few.

Thanks.
Phorkster
Premium Member
join:2004-06-27
Windsor, ON

Phorkster to Barry

Premium Member

to Barry
Do it and don't look back. I just visited the Cogeco forum where everyone was cheering their raise of 1 to 2 MBps on the upstream and a +10GB allotment on their usage.

Barry
Burlington, ON

Barry

I just did. I had an awful experience with TekSavvy and ended up pissing away $100 on a Thomson 516 and a Wilcom POTS splitter that made a 1mbps connection 1.2. This time I'm much more confident this will not happen again.

Can the Technicolor DCM476 can stand vertically? From the pictures it looks like it can't.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

said by Barry:

Can the Technicolor DCM476 can stand vertically? From the pictures it looks like it can't.

No it can't, but can be wall mounted.

Barry
Burlington, ON

Barry

Ok, thanks. I assume mounting screws aren't included?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

said by Barry:

Ok, thanks. I assume mounting screws aren't included?

Correct.

Barry
Burlington, ON

Barry

I'm scheduled to switch over tomorrow and would like to know if it will be ready at 12am or later in the day?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

It should be ready at midnight, could even be ready now - have you tried plugging the modem in yet? Thanks.

Barry
Burlington, ON

Barry

I'm transferring from Cogeco.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Sorry noticed that the second I posted, edited the original - not quick enough apparently.

Barry
Burlington, ON

Barry to rocca

to rocca
It cycled, but then the first light went green and the rest blue. (Thomson DCM476)
Barry

Barry

Yay!!!

Start Laurie
Premium Member
join:2011-09-09
London, ON

Start Laurie

Premium Member

Welcome aboard!

Barry