Re: USB Charger Receptacle

In my kitchen.

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

I have one of the Power2U units installed on the kitchen island. Hardly use anything else anymore. One problem is these are large devices. In my case, even though the electrical box was sized properly according to spec it was very difficult to wire it. Luckily the location I put it was the end of a run with only one romex. Looks like the Hubble is about the same size from looking at the specs. Hubble also has only one set of screws. End result, 16 cu in box is really tight and don't think it would work with two romex in the box. IMO, in many cases the elec box will need to be replaced with an extra deep one.

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya

MVM

I learned a long time ago that 20 cu in boxes have to be the new normal. For me, it's worth the extra nickel not to have to fight everything in. Of course, GFCI's get 22 cu in boxes.

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo

said by nunya:

I learned a long time ago that 20 cu in boxes have to be the new normal. For me, it's worth the extra nickel not to have to fight everything in. Of course, GFCI's get 22 cu in boxes.

I tried to fit one of those in a construction original box.

I got angry.

sk1939
Premium Member
join:2010-10-23
Frederick, MD
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Juniper SRX320

sk1939

Premium Member

said by alkizmo:

said by nunya:

I tried to fit one of those in a construction original box.

Good luck with that.
said by alkizmo:

I got angry.

I bet. It's even better when you have lathe-plaster walls.

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin to nunya

Mod

to nunya
said by nunya:

My warning was directed to those who still have the old normal and read the specs of the device, measure their box and go "great it will fit" only to find out after ordering one that there is no way without replacing the box. I agree with you, if I'm installing a new box it is going to be big.