O Fallon, MO
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Charter
·voip.ms
·surpasshosting
reply to robbin

Re: USB Charger Receptacle

I learned a long time ago that 20 cu in boxes have to be the new normal. For me, it's worth the extra nickel not to have to fight everything in. Of course, GFCI's get 22 cu in boxes.
--
If someone refers to herself / himself as a "guru", they probably aren't.

alkizmo

join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC
kudos:1
said by nunya:

I learned a long time ago that 20 cu in boxes have to be the new normal. For me, it's worth the extra nickel not to have to fight everything in. Of course, GFCI's get 22 cu in boxes.

I tried to fit one of those in a construction original box.

I got angry.

sk1939
Premium
join:2010-10-23
Mclean, VA
kudos:10
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·Verizon FiOS
said by alkizmo:

said by nunya:

I tried to fit one of those in a construction original box.

Good luck with that.

said by alkizmo:

I got angry.

I bet. It's even better when you have lathe-plaster walls.

robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
kudos:1
reply to nunya
said by nunya:

My warning was directed to those who still have the old normal and read the specs of the device, measure their box and go "great it will fit" only to find out after ordering one that there is no way without replacing the box. I agree with you, if I'm installing a new box it is going to be big.